Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-16-2005, 07:05 PM

Default AKs, big pot and I miss

10/20 game, pretty good game.

I have A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in MP and raise.

MP1 three-bets, three callers, I cap, call call.

5 to the flop for 16 sbs.

5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]\

Checked to me and I check. MP (pretty tight weak) bets, two callers, the BB (lagtard) check-raises, I'm fairly certain the tight weak player behind me has a big pair, TT-AA. She'd more than likely three bet KK or AA, call with the others. Plan?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:16 PM

Default Re: AKs, big pot and I miss

Calling seems fine here, getting 11:1 on something like a 5-out draw. Why the initial check?
Old 12-18-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Re: AKs, big pot and I miss

in your game, it's perfectly reasonable to believe someone could have already flopped a straight. barring that, even if only your ace is good, you can give yourself 4 outs (add 1 out for your BDFD). on your good days you have 7 outs on this flop. your ace could be already out, though, which is nice if you're dominating someone, or perhaps you're reverse dominated. the possible reduction of your ace outs from 3 to 2, plus the possibility of being reverse dominated, plus the possibility of drawing dead or nearly dead, plus the possibility of MP1 making it 3 bets and the check-raiser bumping it again, makes this a fold for me (bob&jim would agree). even with present odds of 11-1. if it were only one bet back to me, it's a trivial call.