Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2005, 04:22 PM

Default What is the avg rent around Las Vegas?

My friend and I were debating this. To live in the Las Vegas areas what does rent usually run around (decent 1/2 bd apt)? I assume many people live in the suburbs and just commute over to the poker rooms on the strip. It seems like Henderson, NV is a sweet area to live in. Would you say cost of living is similar to other US cities, or is everything seem higher compared to all the higher prices for basic items like in California. Just curious, any info is appreciated.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: What is the avg rent around Las Vegas?

Average rent for a 2 bedroom right now is around 800-900, now this is in a descent area, toward henderson and what not. The closer you live to the strip the rent is in fact cheaper, but you are living in lower class unfortunetly.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:17 PM

My roommate and I each spend $425 a month plus utilities for a nice 2 bedroom apartment in Henderson. There are a ton of apartment areas on Green Valley Ranch. Check them out.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: What is the avg rent around Las Vegas?.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] $900/mon is more than the mortgage payment on my 3 br 2500 sft new home in a gated community in south carolina; yeah; in 13 years; i own it frree and clear..

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 06:40 PM

Hi, a friend and I have a 2 bedroom apartment near the strip for $750/month (utilities other than electric included). Not suprisingly it's not a very nice area; though, I've definitly seen worse places around town. I wouldn't want to buy a place around here but it works well enough for the moment. Plus I can drive to work (on the strip) in 5 minutes!
Old 09-09-2005, 11:53 PM

I recently moved to Vegas in June. I am renting a 3 BD home in Summerlin (nice suburb) for $1195/mo. Summerlin is 20 minutes west of the strip.

The one thing that I found cost a hell of a lot more than I was used to was auto insurance. The insurance pool in Las Vegas is VERY dirty. My rep told me that more than 60% of the drivers have at least one accident.

I have a Ford Mustang. I have been driving for 28 years with no tickets and no accidents. It cost me $400 a year in Wisconsin to insure. It cost me $700 a year in Minnesota to insure. It now costs me $2200 a year in Vegas to insure. That is VERY ugly.

You will obviously find higher electric and water costs out here.

If you have any other questions concerning relative costs, etc., let me know.

Will
Old 09-10-2005, 03:35 AM

So south carolina...gated community...mmmm doing the red neck state housing math..So indoor or outdoor plumbing?
Old 09-10-2005, 03:41 AM

2200 a year...holy F bomb.
I wasn't aware they ranked the driving pool in any given state to modify good drivers insurance rates. I'm think LV is crappy for the car insurance because it's a perennial top fiver on the cities with the most stolen cars.
Old 09-10-2005, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] $900/mon is more than the mortgage payment on my 3 br 2500 sft new home in a gated community in south carolina; yeah; in 13 years; i own it frree and clear..

gl

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

This needs to be bolded. Sorry, but you still lose. I don't care if it's free.
Old 09-10-2005, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I live in Boston and love it. ...but with houses that f'ing cheap, maybe I should buy a second house down there where I can go hide when there's 80 feet of snow up here.

Eh, not gonna happen. But snow sucks.
-Brian