Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2004, 04:24 PM

Default If it were up to me:

I would ban Gabyyyy. Flat out, no more chances. Here is why:

1. The comments about India and the follow up "explainations" are downright offensive. The comments were bad, sure, but there was zero attempt at rehabilitation or acknowlegment of the wrong. Instead, Gabyyy became belligerent and even more offensive. There is little room for that on any forum. By itself, I might allow a pass, but I would be concerned;

2. Simply put, Gabyyy on many occasions states: "I have the right to say whatever I want." This is not true, especially when you are on a privately owned forum. Its not the statement, really, its the attitude and unwillingness to acknowlege others' sensibilities. Its like getting hit over and over with a blunt object.

Gabyyyy's bio that she herself wrote give further insight into what she is here for, "I humble people, and knock them back into reality." These are not the words of somebody who is looking to constructively discuss anything, much less poker or gambling, in general. What you have is someone who is looking to pick a fight, and her actions have certainly comported with her stated intentions.

3. Gabyyy has flat-out, refused to curtail or change her posting frequency or habits, despite NUMEROUS requests. This forum is governed by a social dynamic...there is give and take. When you are constantly agitating people for no cause, and refuse to change, you are not participating, you are TAKING from others. Of course, she has lately decided to RAMP UP her postings despite further protests.

These factors are enough to justify the boot. I can go on, but there is no reason.

Bottom line: There are rules and standards; each must observe them to keep the forum healthy. One individual has directly shown an unwillingness to cooperate and contribute; instead she has made this her own personal playground over the protests of the other users.

Sincerely,

- Jason J. Allison "Oski"
Old 07-12-2004, 04:34 PM

Default Re: If it were up to me:

[ QUOTE ]
I would ban Gabyyyy. Flat out, no more chances. Here is why:

1. The comments about India and the follow up "explainations" are downright offensive. The comments were bad, sure, but there was zero attempt at rehabilitation or acknowlegment of the wrong. Instead, Gabyyy became belligerent and even more offensive. There is little room for that on any forum. By itself, I might allow a pass, but I would be concerned;

2. Simply put, Gabyyy on many occasions states: "I have the right to say whatever I want." This is not true, especially when you are on a privately owned forum. Its not the statement, really, its the attitude and unwillingness to acknowlege others' sensibilities. Its like getting hit over and over with a blunt object.

Gabyyyy's bio that she herself wrote give further insight into what she is here for, "I humble people, and knock them back into reality." These are not the words of somebody who is looking to constructively discuss anything, much less poker or gambling, in general. What you have is someone who is looking to pick a fight, and her actions have certainly comported with her stated intentions.

3. Gabyyy has flat-out, refused to curtail or change her posting frequency or habits, despite NUMEROUS requests. This forum is governed by a social dynamic...there is give and take. When you are constantly agitating people for no cause, and refuse to change, you are not participating, you are TAKING from others. Of course, she has lately decided to RAMP UP her postings despite further protests.

These factors are enough to justify the boot. I can go on, but there is no reason.

Bottom line: There are rules and standards; each must observe them to keep the forum healthy. One individual has directly shown an unwillingness to cooperate and contribute; instead she has made this her own personal playground over the protests of the other users.

Sincerely,

- Jason J. Allison "Oski"

[/ QUOTE ]

So how much did you lose today?

P.S: Perhaps you missed the memo, but there are other parts of this forum besides the zoo. The zoo has always been a hot bed for argument and debate. I keep my posts very on topic when I post in other parts of the forum.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:48 PM

Oski,

Gabyyy is just what this forum needs and could get a good position within our group whenever Gabyyy wants.

We need more intolerant people that lack sarcasm or humor of any kind and puts the inferior Mel Brooks want-to-bes in their place.

Gabyyy, we stand united.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:53 PM

From someone who routinely praises the efforts of thomastem's aliases, your post falls flat.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So how much did you lose today?

P.S: Perhaps you missed the memo, but there are other parts of this forum besides the zoo. The zoo has always been a hot bed for argument and debate. I keep my posts very on topic when I post in other parts of the forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your reply has not changed my opinion. People post for a variety of reasons. Even spammers BELIEVE they may be contributing to a certain extent (especially if the product is worthwhile and provides a benefit to others). Others, mostly called "trolls" attempt to be funny. Well, humor is a good thing, too. At least by trying to be humorous, they are trying to contribute as well.

You have no other purpose but to confront people whether on topic or off topic ... you have stated as much and clearly have demonstrated as much.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
From someone who routinely praises the efforts of thomastem's aliases, your post falls flat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I guess my reply to Gabyyyy would also be to your post.

It is hard to respect anyone who's intention is to wreck the social dynamic. It would be disengenous to state that attacking people all the time and for whatever reason is an earnest attempt at contributing.

Furthermore, Gabyyyy has refused to change in light of numerous complaints. Many complained of TT's antics, yet I find him funny. That's all ... I am stating that at least one person enjoys his creativity. If the rest of the forum makes it clear that his efforts are not appreciated and yet, he continues, that would be a different story.

TT is certainly (pardon the pun) a different animal. He wants to contribute, he tries to contribute, and I believe he does on both accounts. Good for him, its nice to have different people ... its known as diversity.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:00 PM

If it were up to me:

I'd toss all the weird characters that never make a single post about Internet Gambling, and I'd be doing a lot of comparing of IP addresses, with a lot less tolerance for those who post under many different names.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Furthermore, Gabyyyy has refused to change in light of numerous complaints. Many complained of TT's antics, yet I find him funny. That's all ... I am stating that at least one person enjoys his creativity. If the rest of the forum makes it clear that his efforts are not appreciated and yet, he continues, that would be a different story.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excuse me, but the entire forum did not make it clear, that they don't want me posting. In fact I posted a poll, and the majority voted that I NOT be banned.

Hey Oski, why don't you just leave? You apparently do not like it here.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Excuse me, but the entire forum did not make it clear, that they don't want me posting. In fact I posted a poll, and the majority voted that I NOT be banned.

Hey Oski, why don't you just leave? You apparently do not like it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do like it here: With, or without you, Gabyyyy. There have been many posts about how to moderate the forum. Well, if it were up to me, using the stated principles, I would ban you.

I am only basing this on the fact that you DO NOT want to contructively contribute here. Your prior statements and responses to others clearly brings this point to light.

I don't complaint about the forum, I think it governs itself. Nevertheless, I have discovered I AM WRONG ... the forum only governs itself based on the assumption that each poster want to contribute with the community and share, rather than TAKE and ATTACK. That presents a special problem, and right now, you seem to be the only one who fits the formula.
Old 07-12-2004, 05:17 PM

Further, nowhere in the terms and conditions does it say I have to please every single poster on this forum.

You have this warped view that everyone has to post in a politically correct fashion or they risk banning.