Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2004, 08:11 AM

Default Travel and internet poker

I am planning a major trip and would like to continue playing at Party Poker during my travels. Is there anyone out there that plays extensively away from home? I have a few questions as to the best way to do this. I will be traveling for pleasure, not business, so I will not be staying in business hotels that would offer easy net access to its guests. Also, some of the travel will be international. My questions are:
What is the best device to use? Laptop? Palm Pilot? Has anyone played on Party Poker using a PDA? What is the best way to overcome the limited battery life of a laptop, if used?
What is the best way to connect to the internet? Wifi?Cellular? Landline?
What locations are condusive to play? Libraries? Coffee houses? Hotel lobbies?
I'm sure I'm missing some important questions here, so if there is anyone that plays on the road often and could elaborate, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks to all in advance.
Old 06-11-2004, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Travel and internet poker

You can use a laptop and a global dial up account. Can be difficult getting cheap enough local calls depending on the situation, If you are using your own mobile be careful how much you are spending. Probably the best way is to switch to Pacific Poker or PokerRoom, which have Java clients that you can play from any Internet connection, you don’t need to lug the hardware around just visit Internet cafés.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:56 AM

Location: I like to tell others what is important in their world. I will bump a post if I deem it worthy

Get a life. Go on vacation and stay there. Why drag all that crap around so you can be a vegetable playing internet poker. I hope you are travelling alone, because that is what you deserve.

If its any help, the URL will be the same no matter where you go: www.PartyPoker.com

If you are in Europe, be sure to joing one of those internet-cafe colluding rings. That should be fun.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get a life... www.PartyPoker.com ...That should be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you spammiing us with the link to your favorite poker site? Where is Head Enforcer?
Old 06-11-2004, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Get a life... www.PartyPoker.com ...That should be fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you spammiing us with the link to your favorite poker site? Where is Head Enforcer?

[/ QUOTE ]

At your service. You are the founder of "Blankety Blank any humor club" I sent you your Houston forecast and will get the whiners ready to go on this spam!