Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2005, 12:58 AM

Default bonuswhoring and game progress

Let’s start with my goal, it is simple: 2BB/100h on three tables on 3/6 full ring fixed holdem. I think it will be on Party.
Because money from poker is significant part of my income, I find bonuswhoring is very attractive and now it’s going quite well, although my game quality is growing very, very slowly and 90% of my profit I get from bonuses. I think jumping from one site to another really hurts my winrate, cause the limits are not the same on all sites, and the game very often needs serious adjustment (by now I am winner on Prima (1/2), break even on Party, and absolutely destroyed by Stars). In addition to this I spend lots of time on finding lucrative propositions, claiming bonuses and dealing with deposits and cashouts (neteller, firepay, centralcoin and even moneybookers are not available for my country) and not on my game improving. I also started to notice that during the game I am eager not to win, but not to loose. So, now I really consider to switch entirely to Party and to concentrate on my long-term goal, spending more time on the game analyses and reading.
Perhaps, I am wrong and I am just weak player. Some players say, that game adjustment skill is the key to success on higher limits. That is why I created this post, and it would be very interesting for me to know your opinion: does bonuswhoring really slows the game progress, or this is only a mirage in my not well educated head?
Old 12-12-2005, 01:27 AM

Default Re: bonuswhoring and game progress

why would bonuswhoring affect the way you play? I play like myself at every website. The only difference, I get extra moeny at some websites for playing x number of hands.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why would bonuswhoring affect the way you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because 1/2$ full ring on party with wpt 30% and the same on prima with vpt 15-18% force me to change my play significantly.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:31 AM

you should play vp$ip 18% different from 30% regardless of the site. but that's general game adjustment and has nothing to do with bonuswhoring.

i think bonuswhoring does not slow down the learning process. it's more like extra money which cuts down loses while you are learning and later on it's just free extra cash.
Old 12-12-2005, 09:29 AM

WOW

reading your post you could be me

that is exactly how I am thinking at the moment, I too make 90% of my money from bonuses. I too am not sure if I am a strong player.

I too am thinking of concentrating on one site, although recently looking at the RB I am generating at one of my new sites I might concentrate on that site. It looks as though RB could be as good (if not better) than bonus hunting.

I too would like to get other peoples opinions on this topic.

I know I need to strengthen my play, I am sure I put people on too many bluffs and therefore chase too often.

Yes I have PT and have just started using GT++

Dink

I am not sure what I am trying to say in this post
Old 12-12-2005, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
make 90% of my money from bonuses. I too am not sure if I am a strong player.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are making 90% of your money from bonuses and you have rakeback too, then you are likely a breakevenish player... not to fret, that puts you in the top 10% [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
It looks as though RB could be as good (if not better) than bonus hunting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will depend on your level of play!
Old 12-12-2005, 10:13 AM

only just started getting RB

waiting to see if that improves things

dink