Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Watching poker videos.....

is all the rage in the SHUSH forum.

But I've had some major problems doing this. I've been able to view a couple of videos, but I'd say 2/3 videos are met with the same message.

I just recorded my own, and trying to watch that has yielded the same results.

I've even tried it on multiple media players with no luck.

When I push play, the screen goes completely black for about 5 seconds. Eventually, I hear an audible click and the screen comes back.

I receive an "error message" that states:

ialmrnt5 display driver has stopped working normally.

After the message is "ok'd" my computer resolution is huge and it looks like somone splashed psychadelic watercolors all over it.

Anyone have a solution to this dilemma?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Watching poker videos.....

Could be a corrupted/old video card driver. You could try to download the latest drivers for your vid card, uninstall the old ones, restart computer, and install new drivers and see if that works.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:21 PM

So how do I go about finding which drivers I need. I can follow directions well, but I have to admit, I have no idea where to find the vid card or anything associated with it.

Also, wouldn't downloading the VLC mediaplayer yesterday get me passed those problems? It didn't.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:41 AM

You probably need the right CODEC (coder-decoder). Get K-lite codec pack. !!!It might fvck up your WMP!!! So use the mediaplayer classic provided, instead. (I'm having issues with WMP10, for some reason it isn't auto-getting media info when i pop in a legit CD I bought at the store. And it freezes from time to time. Micro$oft! Yeesh!)

http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

"standard" package should do ya just well.

Hope this helps. I have a ton of wsop and wpt movies. like 15GB or so. Download emule (http://www.emule-project.net) first and PM me, second. (if you're interested of course)