Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-16-2005, 07:15 AM

Default AAAA is a good hand in PLO8

The best anyone else can have is the 3rd nut low, and you still have a pair of aces with which to contend for the high. As long as the hand isnt too multiway, and youre willing to jam with it, it stands a chance to win half or scoop without a showdown. Fire away.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:18 AM

Default Re: AAAA is a good hand in PLO8

good luck - i play this way every time i get AAAA for a starting hand seems to work well for me

sample size = 0
Old 11-16-2005, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
AAAA is a good hand in PLO8

[/ QUOTE ]

Pocket deuces are also a good hand in hold 'em, as long as no one hits a pair of 3's or better.

What kind of post is this?
Old 11-16-2005, 10:52 AM

I've played this before (see my avatar) and won but its only a great bluffing hand (pot PF and flop). If someone calls your flop pot bet, your probably in trouble. Your best hope is that the board has 2 or 3 low cards and you can buy it on the flop.
Old 11-16-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best anyone else can have is the 3rd nut low, and you still have a pair of aces with which to contend for the high. As long as the hand isnt too multiway, and youre willing to jam with it, it stands a chance to win half or scoop without a showdown. Fire away.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is very important to have a plan for this hand. I have done a lot of thinking away from the table about how to play AAAA; playing it correctly is key to winning in PLO8.

Sarcasm aside, this is really dumb. The money you DO pick up by jamming with this hand is trivial (usually the blinds) and if you do get enough action that you need to keep firing, you are probably chopping (no profit) or getting scooped (half your stack or more).

High risk, little reward.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm aside, this is really dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-17-2005, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sarcasm aside, this is really dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He was calling you dumb, and you are.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me about a quote in Ed Millers Book. If you were to misplay the times you have a royal flush vs something like cold calling qj off preflop, you are much better worrying about the qj off as it will occur a few times per session vs the royal flush once per year. How many times do you get AAAA in Omaha, its must be rarer than a royal in holdem.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This reminds me about a quote in Ed Millers Book. If you were to misplay the times you have a royal flush vs something like cold calling qj off preflop, you are much better worrying about the qj off as it will occur a few times per session vs the royal flush once per year. How many times do you get AAAA in Omaha, its must be rarer than a royal in holdem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which might even slightly be relevant if it wasn't for the fact that the correct play with AAAA preflop is to click the fold button. It's SO much easier to play when you use your brains.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:15 AM

No it isn't.

It's a good hand if you want to get scooped.