Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 02:32 PM

Default How would you react? B&M Confrontation last night

I like to think that I am very respectful at the poker tables but i dont care if i was in a church, if someone says something i dont like i react.

Last night i am in the middle of my third S&G (was going to be my last). I am short stacked, weak player raises from mid pos, I see 88, so I move all in for my remaining chips. He flips over KQo, he catches a Q on the river. He jumps up, leans over the table and says Bye Bye while waiving his hand in my face. I say "what did you say?" he repeats it. My response is "Go FCK Yourself" He jumps up out of his seat and starts talking like a punk, Ill whip your ass yada yada. I fire back some verbal insults. It def was a scene.

I am curious how would you react if someone did that to you?

I am not looking for a debate on whether I reacted wrong or not, I would most likely react the same if it ever happened again. Just curious of our reaction.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:38 PM

Default Re: How would you react? B&M Confrontation last night

I would just repeat his action back to him. Wave and say Bye Bye. Then wish the rest of the table good luck. Take the high road and it'll be even more frusterating to him.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:44 PM

I would smile, walk over, shake his hand, and wish him good luck. I'd show him what it's like to be a gentleman. Never understimate the power of a good example. Even if it doesn't change his behavior, I won't have to make a post about how I told somebody to go f*ck himself.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:46 PM

I find it hard to believe that this guy did this out of nowhere. Do you two have a history?
Old 11-12-2005, 02:49 PM

Dude was a typical punk - he was trying to provoke you, hoping you'd escalate so he can be a big man in public.

What I'd do for better or worse when dude gets in my face is is to mock him ("Bwyeeee BWYEEEE??? What is this, high school?"), tell the rest of the table "the rest of you, good luck," and immediately pivot and walk. Let little dude look like an idiot screaming to himself about kicking asses.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:51 PM

In my opinion, when two people are having a verbal argument in any public place (and the tamer the place, like a poker room, the more emphasized this is), they both look like idiots regardless of what they are fighting about and who is right/wrong.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would smile, walk over, shake his hand, and wish him good luck. I'd show him what it's like to be a gentleman. Never understimate the power of a good example. Even if it doesn't change his behavior, I won't have to make a post about how I told somebody to go f*ck himself.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if you go to shake his hand and then he pulls away at the last moment and slicks his hair back? Can you really risk it?

No. You can't.

The only option is to kill his whole family, his families friends, and even the people that owe him money. Then disappear.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it hard to believe that this guy did this out of nowhere. Do you two have a history?

[/ QUOTE ]
No. I've never seen him before. I play their all the time so I know all the regulars. He did not react that way to anyone else in previous hands. I myself was quiet as a mouse up to that point. Without knowing me, (jakethebake can vouch) I am not a boisterous person by any means, especially when playing poker. I keep to myself at the tables other than some friendly chit chat now and then.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if I would go as far as to shake his hand (I'd probably pretend nothing happened Tommy style) but this is a great answer.

~ Rick
Old 11-12-2005, 03:01 PM

"Mister, I have a feeling that one day, you and your whole family are going down."