Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 01:45 AM

Default need computer help

If someone knows a lot about computers I need help. Something just happened that can happen on occasion and cost me a lot of money, and I dont know what to do about it.

Basically whenever I open a window on Partypoker and simply leave it where it spawns, if I try to open another partypoker window, it will claim to be open, but will be invisible on my screen. The only way to open a new table is to move the original one and then open it. In general this is not a problem, however just now my internet crashed, and its a HUUGE problem when you are in 8 games, and you need to log back in and get them started up immediately. It took me about 3-5 minutes to get back in them all, in which I lost a lot of chips in the meantime, and even busted from one, as opposed to taking 5 seconds.

Is there anyone here who colud help me figure out what to do? Thanks...
Old 05-06-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: need computer help

Usually it will start them back up for you automatically. When that doesn't work, I open my hand history folder (or look in PT if I have it running) to get the tournament number. Then I go to the lobby and sort by number. I have a shortcut on my desktop to the folders, so it doesn't take long.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:54 AM

im sure you already tried alt-tabbing to find them, but if you didnt, start there.

another solution might be this. hold the windows key then press the M key. this should minmize all windows. then hold shift and the windows key and press the M key. this should "invert" the minimization and return all windows to the top.
Old 05-06-2005, 01:55 AM

Again it does start them up automatically, it just won't spawn a window over another window, so it only opens one. Also every 30 seconds can be worth a lot of money when you are playing late in sit and gos. Its a problem that if I fix might save me over a thousand dollars over the next few months, so I really am going to try to fix it, as theres no reason this should be a problem.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im sure you already tried alt-tabbing to find them, but if you didnt, start there.

another solution might be this. hold the windows key then press the M key. this should minmize all windows. then hold shift and the windows key and press the M key. this should "invert" the minimization and return all windows to the top.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap that worked....thanks so much. I've asked a lot of people about this and no one could figure it out.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:24 AM

no problem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

alt tabbling or windows M worked?
Old 05-06-2005, 02:26 AM

The windows M worked!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I can now play without fear.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:00 AM

Have you thought about getting a backup internet service? I'm sure if this happens just once a month it could make up for the extra cost.
Old 05-06-2005, 11:20 AM

Im going to recommend you to get a cheap external HD, and reformat your original hard drive.

Once you start getting queer problems with your computer, they get worse.....

Ive been running in safe mode for the past 5 months, lol.