Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 11:46 AM

Default Party Coming Out Against Poker Tracker?

I found this post in the Poker Tracker Hold'em Support forum under the message subject "I'm a Freakin Idiot":

It looks like a guy was concerned whether Party was worried about the use of Poker Tracker and this was their response:

Dear College Kid,

Thank you for contacting PartyPoker.com Customer Care.

With reference to your e-mail, as we have already mentioned, as part of our initiative to block prohibited software/programs that might give players an undue advantage over the other players on the table, our team of technical and game experts are carrying out the necessary research into such products and based on their findings we would proceed to monitor/block the use of such software/programs from running in conjunction with our PartyPoker.com client.

Though Poker Tracker is not an Artificial Intelligence product, our gaming and technical consultants are coming up with a combative strategy to counter the use of such products on our site and we will be sharing this information with all our players when it comes in the near future.

Contact us anytime, we are available around the clock to assist you with your account related questions and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Some Party Guy
Investigations Team
alerts@partypoker.com

I am not the guy who asked the question, I just think this e-mail is interesting given all the discussion about data mining recently.

Cheers,

Rick
Old 04-15-2005, 11:49 AM

Default Re: Party Coming Out Against Poker Tracker?

if they find a way to counteract PT during gameplay I'll be exceptionally happy as then we might be rid of GT+ and PV.

People might actually have to make reads again.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if they find a way to counteract PT during gameplay I'll be exceptionally happy as then we might be rid of GT+ and PV.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-15-2005, 11:56 AM

And this is why your hand histories are stored on your hard drive, seems silly to me, Party is making it easier for PT to work, not the other way around.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-15-2005, 12:02 PM

Interesting. I wonder what kind of measures they would take. They certainly aren't going to stop providing hand histories. My guess is that the onus will be on the player to *not* use GT+ and PV...and that if the Party client detects their usage, the player could have his/her account locked.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:14 PM

In under an hour I can have PT and GT+/PV setup and working with no trace whatsoever if it being installed or running on the computer I play poker with. For anyone with the means this will be trivial to overcome.

This will help in some aspects where those not really 'serious' about playing online won't worry about getting around such a limitation, thus, not having PT running. For those that make a profit or are serious players then there will be little impact. To be honest, the players that will get around it are not the ones you are really looking to confrant at the tables anyway.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In under an hour I can have PT and GT+/PV setup and working with no trace whatsoever if it being installed or running on the computer I play poker with. For anyone with the means this will be trivial to overcome.

This will help in some aspects where those not really 'serious' about playing online won't worry about getting around such a limitation, thus, not having PT running. For those that make a profit or are serious players then there will be little impact. To be honest, the players that will get around it are not the ones you are really looking to confrant at the tables anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-15-2005, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And this is why your hand histories are stored on your hard drive, seems silly to me, Party is making it easier for PT to work, not the other way around.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think they care if you use it to track your own play, or others to use before you start playing they just dont want it running with partypoker loading all the data so that you can see what kind of player they are on the fly without making a read
Old 04-15-2005, 01:07 PM

The only thing they would have to do is put a delay on HH. Instead of putting them on the CPU instantly, maybe the would just be put on when you finish the session.

I don't datamine. So one of them more conveinent aspects of GT+ is displaying the stats on new players as they become available.