Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 01:26 PM

Default SnG import into Pokertracker

I have used pokertracker before, but only for ring games. I'm starting to get into SnG games and want to import these into my database. I have auto-import setup to read the files on my hard drive. I see that tournament information is getting in, but I am not able to see anything on my ROI.

My post in PT forum has no response and based on my search in that forum, it sounds like I need to import something else, in addition to the text files. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?
Old 11-11-2004, 01:32 PM

Default Re: SnG import into Pokertracker

If I understand your problem correctly, you need to manually input information on each tournament (buy-in, # of players, etc.). You can do this under the File/manually input data button at the top of the screen.
Old 11-11-2004, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I understand your problem correctly, you need to manually input information on each tournament (buy-in, # of players, etc.). You can do this under the File/manually input data button at the top of the screen.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not at my home computer so I can't see what you're talking about... perhaps if I see it, it will be self explanatory.

So, you're saying in addition to the auto-import, which I have set up to read the text files every 5 minutes, I need to do this manual entry at the end of my day? This additional information isn't in the text file so that's why I need to manually input in some stuff?
Old 11-11-2004, 01:56 PM

I use PT for SnG's and I just forego the auto-import from HD and use the old fashioned way of importing the emails. If you click yes at the end of the SnG to get your history emailed, it contains all of the summary info you need. (Party skins)
Old 11-11-2004, 01:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have used pokertracker before, but only for ring games. I'm starting to get into SnG games and want to import these into my database. I have auto-import setup to read the files on my hard drive. I see that tournament information is getting in, but I am not able to see anything on my ROI.

My post in PT forum has no response and based on my search in that forum, it sounds like I need to import something else, in addition to the text files. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're playing at Stars you need to request the tournament history to update the tournament statistics. You are probably only auto-importing hand histories, but tournament histories are a different option.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use PT for SnG's and I just forego the auto-import from HD and use the old fashioned way of importing the emails. If you click yes at the end of the SnG to get your history emailed, it contains all of the summary info you need. (Party skins)

[/ QUOTE ]

I see... but what about this... I don't know if this is the case for tournament imports, but for ring games, if you have the latest version of PT (the one that has the lightning bolt icon for reading the hard drive files), it does not allow you to read the emails anymore because it now has the capability to read the text files.

Is this the case for tournament import?
Old 11-11-2004, 02:13 PM

Hmm, I'm not sure. I have 2.05.02 right now, which I thought was the latest (non-beta) version.

I do know one thing, I will not ever upgrade to a new version that stops me from being able to read emails for tourney histories.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:26 PM

Does yours have the lightning bolt icon along the top?
Old 11-12-2004, 12:45 AM

Which post over there didn't you get a reply to, can you give a link so I can check it out?

[ QUOTE ]
it does not allow you to read the emails anymore because it now has the capability to read the text files.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true. You can still use the old method of getting hands/summaries from email.

On the Auto-Import window, click the help link. In the first main paragraph, there is text...

"If you haven't used the Import Hand Histories/Tournament Summaries before..."

there is a link provided here that will take you to the page that details how to get tournament summaries (or manually enter them) from all the sites.
Old 11-12-2004, 12:53 PM

Pat, thx... I did get your reply eventually at the PT forum. I'm all squared away now. BTW, you're also right about my mis-comment on not being able to read emails... I meant to say not being able to auto request emails in the new version.