Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 04:53 PM

Default 10/20: TPTK 3-handed OOP

No real reads on MP, although at the time of flop bet I figure him for some sort of draw and figure I'm good against him. Buttons flop call was within 4-5 seconds. I had been playing a bit with Button and completely had the guys number. I called a bluff of his, and got a lot of value out of a big hand of mine prior. Looking back at it, I have great potodds, but if I'm not good, I'm likely no more than a 15% fav.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP ($1000)
Button ($1289)
SB ($457)
BB ($1978)
Hero ($4370)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $10.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $80</font>, MP calls $80, Button calls $80, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($270) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $200</font>, MP calls $920 (All-In), Button calls $920, Hero folds.

Turn: ($2310) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($2310) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $2310

Results in white below:
<font color="white">
MP shows 88.
Button shows JT.

I guess this post is more about button's play than mine. Button later told me he also had MP on a draw, or at least less than TP. He was unsure what I had, but figured if he called quickly, I may fold the best hand. Do you like my fold? Do you like Button's thought process? Discuss...
</font>
Old 11-21-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: 10/20: TPTK 3-handed OOP

interesting concept, but I think MP was retarded for doing that with 3rd PP
Old 11-21-2005, 05:07 PM

Looks like nice donkfest.
This are often my thoughts when I see aggressive plays at higher limits though so its just my humble opinion...
Old 11-21-2005, 06:00 PM

It is just me or wouldn't a smooth call and then a raise on the turn be more likely to knock out TPTK? Guess it depends on the player, but when I see something like this it makes the bluffing bells go off.

Do other people have success with this play?
Old 11-21-2005, 06:57 PM

Stacks are such that maneuvering is impossible. If he calls the flop, he will have to call all-in on the turn. No raising possible. In any case, I think this situation is probably neutral EV and only your read on the caller's range can tip it to being +EV. You're getting about 2.5:1 on your money if you push, and when you're behind you'll often have a 5 outer, but you probably aren't good here very often. If the pusher is CLEARLY (both to you AND to the caller) not having better than one pair, then it obviously tips it strongly towards a call since you have to take into account the caller's knowledge of that fact. If it is unclear, either to you or to the caller, if the pusher has you beat, then that strongly pushes it towards a fold. I think this is an interesting hand where your knowledge of the caller's knowledge plays a strong role in determining his hand range. Given what you seemed to know here, I think you probably had a call but it is obviously fairly close. I think you underestimated how much equity you had when behind, though.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:01 PM

Don't beat yourself up over this fold.

One guy allin, OK, call since you've got such a crazed image.

Two guys allin, most of the time you're toast.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:37 PM

I'm not upset with my play. I just liked the rational of the player with JT. In the same spot, I fold this all day. Especially since he has such a small amount left and didn't choose to reraise it? That was a little odd. Thanks for the good response,
-Ace
Old 11-21-2005, 10:35 PM

against 2 half stacks i fold this flop NEVER.

i would also bet 300-350 on the flop or more likely go for the checkraise.