Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Trinidad / Wright

Thoughts?
Old 05-11-2005, 01:10 AM

Default Re: Trinidad / Wright

I think the value is with Wright (+185). Trinidad looked great against Mayorga, but Mayorga just stands in front of people and throws. Wright works angles, boxes, jabs, and is naturally the bigger man. I think Tito will have trouble with him.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:41 AM

I like Tito. He is the better fighter. His power will be on display again, but only in small instances because Wright has such great defense. Wright can jab, but he will have to incorporate some power punches to beat/slow down Tito.

Against Mosely Wright basically jabbed his way to a victory twice, but Wright is much bigger then Mosely so the jab was always their for him. Against Tito he will have to mix it up to keep Tito from finding his groove and then being able to zone in on Wright and start teeing off on him.

Don't Forget Tito has Don King in his corner and we all know Mr. King has a way of getting what is best for Mr. King. So Wright could actually win the fight, but Tito could steal a victory.

The best bet coming up is Kotsya Tsyzu against Ricky Hatton in a month. Take the under on the total rounds and Kotsya at +250 (which will come down once the fight is closer because it is in Hatton's home country,England, and the English love to bet on sports).
Old 05-11-2005, 03:08 AM

"The best bet coming up is Kotsya Tsyzu against Ricky Hatton in a month. Take the under on the total rounds and Kotsya at +250 "

Kostya is at -250 or worse, not +250. Still a great bet, IMO, but an important distinction nonetheless.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Wright is easy $

Wright will beat Tito. Go back and look at the numbers. Tito was even with De La Hoya. De La Hoya was even with Mosley. I think these three fighters are actually all pretty close to each other in quality. Now, did you see what Wright did to Mosley?

Indiana
Old 05-11-2005, 06:20 PM

Default Re: Wright is easy $

"Tito was even with De La Hoya. De La Hoya was even with Mosley. I think these three fighters are actually all pretty close to each other in quality. Now, did you see what Wright did to Mosley?"

First of all, boxing doesn't work like that. You could just as easily say that Winky lost to Vargas, DLH beat Vargas, and Tito beat DLH. Also, Shane lost twice to Forrest who lost twice to Mayorga who was destroyed by Tito. The Mosley fights are basically irrelevant because Mosely has absolutely no power at 154 pounds, while Tito at 160 might still be the strongest puncher lb for lb in the sport. Mosely has looked weak and used up lately anyways. He fought Winky after two losses to Forrest (who beat him worse than Winky did at a weight class more beneficial to Mosely). Who else has Winky beaten? Winky's a good fighter and definitely has a shot if he sticks to a smart game plan, however Trinidad is rightfully the clear favorite due to his experience and power.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:18 PM

That (+) was a misclick next to Kotsya's name. Obviously he is the favorite.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:25 PM

Isn't the fight at 154? I know Tito has fought his last few at 160, but I thought I heard he wanted to fight at 154 from now on because there was the possibility for bigger paydays there.

Wright has a "cage" defense that makes it tough for him to be hit clean, but Tito is about as good a puncher in all the sport. If anyone can break the cage defense of Winky it will Tito.

Only that worries me about Tito is his weak jaw. Don't forget he has a habit of getting knocked down in his fight. He always gets up, but still the other implications a knockdown has a fight can change the course of the bout. Winky could knock Tito down and then just try to win 5 more rounds and hold on for the decision.

The Mosely Winky beat was not the same Mosely as a 5 years ago, so throw that out the window. Tito by UD, but the cards will be close.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:15 PM

The fight's at Middleweight (Pinnacle has it wrong--check Boxrec or HBO). The idea is that the winner will face B Hop as part of his farewell tour. You make a good point about Tito's getting knocked down constantly, but Tito is a a class above Winky so a flash knockdown shouldn't change the outcome. He's been gone for a while, but this guy has beaten Pernell, DLH, Vargas (KO), Joppy(KO), and most recently Mayorga (who he destroyed). This list includes diverse world class fighters (boxers, punchers, boxer/punchers). Winky has beaten one (possibly) used up boxer fighting a weight class or two too high. The last big puncher he faced was Vargas and he lost. He is better now than he was, but the more I think about this fight, the more I like Trinidad. The money line looks pretty accurate though, so I probably will pass. I do like Trinidad by KO/TKO/DQ +220. There are also a lot of interesting looking combination bets that could be made but I haven't looked at it enough yet.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:22 AM

This post has nothing to do with betting on boxing, but with a summer LOADED with PPV fights and me without a pirate's box, I am trying to figure which PPV I should order. I am not made of $ I can't afford an extra $50-55 every month so I need to be selective. Just wondering your (Glenn) thoughts on what fight this summer would be worth the PPV money:

Wright/ Trinidad - May 14th
Mayweather/Gatti - June 6th
Hopkins/Taylor - July 18th?

I am upset I was busy last Saturday night and missed the Corrales/Castillo epic.

Still I think the best fight this summer will be Tszyu/Hatton. 2 punchers slugging it out.