Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 12:02 PM

Default Re: Is this realistic poker plan

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you need to learn six-max?

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously other people will give you more serious answers, but my answer: if you enjoy playing poker, once you play 6-max, it is very tough (next to impossible) to go back to full ring. it is just too much damn fun.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All players have a lot of experience all are winning players so far most already play 2/4 online 4/8- 9/16 live Most have multi tabled already online. Total of 4-9 players. We all start with 1k, poker tracker and poker ace hub.
So week one 3 hours of play per day at 2/4 2 tabling with 1 hour deticated at end to review hard hands.
Week 2 3 tabling at 2/4 3 hours a day 1 hour discussion.
Week 3 4 tabling at 2/4 3 hours a day 1 hour discussion.
Week 4 4 tabling at 2/4 3 hours a day 1 hour discussion.
End of month everybody buys dell 2001 fp screens 500$
Month 2 4 tabling 2/4 for entire month to build a role big enough to play at 4/8.
All on party poker.
What is avg. bb per hour at 2/4 2 3 4 tabling.
Does this goal sound realistic

[/ QUOTE ]

Who spreads 9/16 live? I got to get me some of that action!!! Lets play it with all $1 chips. HUGE POTS BABY!

Greg
Old 12-14-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You need to learn to play the 3/6 before you play the 5/10 before you play the 10/20 and somewhere in there you need to play 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to learn blind play and short-handed play because as you move up there are less pots with 6 people to the flop, and more 2-3 handed pots.

Also, in 6-max you learn to value marginal hands more and play more aggressively with not-so-made hands and things like A-high and K_high.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I heard the 3/6 is sharky and that the 4/8 is softer then the 3/6 is this not right and in your opinion how much harder is the 5/10 cuz i have a friend that has a ton of experience at 5/10 and he or anybody else wouldnt consider him significantly better then any of us 9 and he is a winning player moving to 10/20 in january

[/ QUOTE ]

holy cow this is one sentence
Old 12-14-2005, 03:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You need to learn to play the 3/6 before you play the 5/10 before you play the 10/20 and somewhere in there you need to play 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You need to learn blind play and short-handed play because as you move up there are less pots with 6 people to the flop, and more 2-3 handed pots.

Also, in 6-max you learn to value marginal hands more and play more aggressively with not-so-made hands and things like A-high and K_high.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel its a major advantage to be able to play HU all the way through 10handed well, that way you can sit at a very good 9handed game and not be a lagtard that some good SH players are, and also when the 9handed game breaks down to say 5handed, you will be comfortable and able to adjust, while many of your opponents will still be playing the same game

from my experience a full ring game that is running shorthanded is usually more profitable than a norm SH table, due to the lack of adjustment, but if you can't play FR well you are forced to leave if the table fills back up
Old 12-16-2005, 01:23 AM

Its 9/18 and most of the players actually have 2 years of experience have short handed and have played hundreds of heads up games but the info on this site is great