Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 11:28 PM

Default Re: Good River bet or insanity?

The river donk is good when you know they're betting better hands, checking worse hands, not raising most better hands and calling with whatever they've got. In this situation the exact opposite is true. I think they're checking with JJ-KK, raising with an 8 and and not calling with most of the stuff you beat.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:49 PM

What would be the best turn play? Check raise, bet and hope the LAG raises MP2 out, or something else.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:57 PM

When these guys make these paired board, probably bs flop raises, you need to make them pay with the overpair every time in the form of a turn c/r, for all the times that you have AK here and can't do as much.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Push harder

You definitely need to push this harder against a LAG. 3-bet the flop, while mp2 is in it. MP2 most likely has overcards and the LAG might be representing an 8 or have an underpair. You don't want to give any free cards and you want to charge them for seing the turn.
Old 10-16-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Push harder

By the way, I think you need to check the river in this case. You will have a hard time folding against him if he raises, so check and call. Check and induce a last bluff. Only reason to bet would be to charge him for underpairs, but he might bet them anyway.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:06 PM

Disregard my response above as I was blitzed after a long night of drinking when I wrote that.

A river bet in this hand is not completely bad IMO as there is a decent chance you actually have the best hand and thus it would be for value. The thing is though I want to be putting in one bet to show this hand down and LAG is very likely to be betting this river with a wide range so a check/call is probably the best line.

That being said I think I would prefer to put more bets at some other place in the this hand. A LAG will be CC'ing preflop and raising the flop with a lot of hands that you beat. Maybe donk betting the turn would be good here?