Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: QQ for Books to Improve Card Reading/Understanding Styles

[ QUOTE ]
assuming you were able to actually read them, which I doubt given that your posts here are barely intelligible).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume you are not "intelligible" from all the useless post that you give, you are so much better than everyone huh, cool guy posting search engine links then has the balls to say the guy doesnt have the brains to read. Give me a break. Didnt your mom ever tell you you dont have something nice to say keep it to yourself.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
assuming you were able to actually read them, which I doubt given that your posts here are barely intelligible).

[/ QUOTE ]

I would assume you are not "intelligible" from all the useless post that you give, you are so much better than everyone huh, cool guy posting search engine links then has the balls to say the guy doesnt have the brains to read.

[/ QUOTE ]

I rest my case.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:59 AM

I've got a policy that seems to work. Post a legit answer, and then tell the person how you found it. Also, if I don't feel like helping someone out with a question that is asked repeatedly, then I just don't respond at all.

Example: -----------------

I have found that learning and doing the math that is involved with poker, specifically doing EV calculations against ranges of hands has helped my reading abilities quite a bit.

Reading a loose player is difficult, but once you get to know them a little, you can narrow their ranges down a bit.

For this reason, I'd recommend a math based book, like King Yao's Weighing the Odds, or even Mike Petriv's book.

PoP and ITPM are both good for learning how people think.

As far as books specifically geared towards reading hands, I think there aren't any. There are several articles at many different websites, though you may have to search for them.
Old 07-21-2005, 05:27 AM

Well, jake, I'm really, really tired of you clogging up other peoples threads with junk. Why don't you let us discuss whatever the hell we want, even if it is for the 1000th time? You don't have to participate.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:42 AM

I appreciate the positive comments and will most likely try to read them all. I find the topic fascinating after reading the psychology of poker. I have been using the info from the book when palying and the scary thing is that the book really does provide value in improving performance. All the tips were right on as far as I can see. Again I am a new player so.... every piece of information is valuable to me.
Old 07-21-2005, 09:11 AM

OK I bite PoP I got ITPM no idea?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:16 PM

Inside The Poker Mind by John Feeney.