Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Banned From Truepoker

[ QUOTE ]
However, seeing that they accepted our registration under the basis that we were aloud to participate in MTT tourneys together and then being removed from the tables as we sat in 1st and 2nd(I want it to be clear that we had 1st and 2nd prior to me being moved to her table) seems greatly unjust in this late stage of the tourney.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree completely. The action they took was wrong and you should receive some kind of compensation. Inconsistent enforcement of policy is even worse than bad policy.

And they still should change the policy to prevent the whole situation. While there might be husbands and wives who will compete just as fiercely against each other as they do against other opponents, I firmly believe they would be the rare exception.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:51 PM

It turns out that David(TrueCEO) is travelling and we should hear from him soon.

I will post once I know!
Old 07-18-2005, 04:40 PM

Personally, I don't care if the whole table is one family. I can tell if people are colluding and that is where reporting it comes in. Someone who could always see all of the cards could see very clear cheating patterns if it was happening. This is nothing but BS.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:18 PM

Sites can't allow multiple ID's from the same household to play at the same tables or tournaments or SNG's. I don't see whats so hard to understand about this matter? If they openly allow it, then they are openly allowing the free wheeling abuse of colluders. IF theres no rules whatever to sanction this, then you will see many many people sitting at many many computers at the same table at the same household, looking at eachothers cards and manipulating the pots when they are in the same hands.

So you can't permit players from the same household ever playing at the same tables or same tourneys. Of course, those who are intent on cheating will find an easy way to do so. But still, sites can't sanctify doing so is permissable.
Old 07-19-2005, 05:12 PM

(Why is it shocking to find out I am the CEO ?)

Seriously, the Host screwed up our policy, period.

Truepoker's general policy does not allow players to enter ring game tables or S&G single tables if they are on the same IP or have ever played on the same IP. As for Multi-table tourneys, we do allow players to enter as seating is randomized.

What the Host should have done, as you did reach the final table, was to simply review play for collusion, report the complaint and send it for further review the next day. We would act if two players appeared to be actually colluding, and make whole the injured party.

For the record, what Banned reported he was told in the past is likely accurate. Both he and his wife are excellent customers of long standing. The ban was for a 24 hour period for review by me, and has expired, but it never should have been imposed on the spot absent actual collusion.

I will personally apologize for this mistake as I would not have taken the action.

Banned, I will be returning to the office this week. Please email me at management@truepoker.com. We will make you more than whole for this mistake.

David
Old 07-19-2005, 05:17 PM

We agree. In this instance there was no evidence of actual collusion, only chat indicating the players were in the same house.

David
Old 07-19-2005, 05:28 PM

Why not just, in the future, not allow two players under the same roof from playing in the same MTT?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:33 PM

All we got to say we are glad that we are back at home(True Poker) and everything was cleared up.
[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2005, 06:53 PM

There is no site I respect more than True, and this proves it once again.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no site I respect more than True, and this proves it once again.

[/ QUOTE ]