Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Would you kill a man who\'s robbing you? (long)

[ QUOTE ]
I'm able to figure out who it was. Turns out it was my roommate's friend. He was at the apartment that night. We check the doors and find out that they are still locked. The [censored] locked the doors on his way out! But what's really trippy is that he was inside the entire time. He never left the party.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what happened after? Did you call the cops, and did they get him?
Old 12-19-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's at that point I notice that he has a large knife in his hands. He quickly walks up to me, puts the knife in my face and motions for me to turn over. "That's not a knife, this is a knife" I say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 12-19-2005, 01:20 PM

id probably fire the gun at his feet to let him know im not [censored] around. then tell him to use my room phone to call the cops and tell them that he is trying to rob me and that i am pointing a gun at him (from a distance) of course.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:05 PM

"id probably fire the gun at his feet to let him know im not [censored] around."

That's a good way to kill the neighbours in the apartment below you.

This is obviously a situation where deadly force is justified. Shoot the robber and keep shooting until he goes down. And do it fast or else you will be killed by the knife.

But now that you know who it is, it's payback time. I would stalk him and beat him with a small sledge hammer. Not to kill him, just to break the bones in his body, and then get your X BOX back.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But now that you know who it is, it's payback time. I would stalk him and beat him with a small sledge hammer. Not to kill him, just to break the bones in his body, and then get your X BOX back.

[/ QUOTE ]
That doesn't sound very Christian... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That doesn't sound very Christian... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Eye for an eye and all that... [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2005, 02:36 PM

I am just giving him a little taste of Hell on Earth so he will repent and not go there in the after life.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While not more than 5 or 10 mins later my bedroom light turns on and I turn over and see someone standing in front of my bathroom door wearing a bandana over his face. Not realizing what the hell is going on I say "What the [censored] are you doing?" It's at that point I notice that he has a large knife in his hands. He quickly walks up to me, puts the knife in my face and motions for me to turn over.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point you don't know if this is armed robbery or he's going to SIIYP. I'd shoot him if possible.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
While not more than 5 or 10 mins later my bedroom light turns on and I turn over and see someone standing in front of my bathroom door wearing a bandana over his face. Not realizing what the hell is going on I say "What the [censored] are you doing?" It's at that point I notice that he has a large knife in his hands. He quickly walks up to me, puts the knife in my face and motions for me to turn over.

[/ QUOTE ]

At this point you don't know if this is armed robbery or he's going to SIIYP. I'd shoot him if possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read so true crime stories and books that have described killers saying something like this when they attack you, so they don't have to see your face. A hell of a lot more people can stab you or shoot you than look in your face while doing it, including people who've killed many, many times before. If someone told me to turn over on my back, I'd be extremely scared that the next thing I would feel was a knife in my heart. Hell, to me it would be the equivalent of accepting that you're going to die and just deciding to make it as painless as possible for the both of you by not resisting your murder, kind of like putting on a blindfold in front of a firing squad.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:38 PM

I think first I'd probably yell and use alot of swear words and gun gestures in telling him to get out of my apartment. If he hesitates in any way, his knees and chest are fair game.