Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Okay, Ed, I raised.

I dont know much about PT stats, however W$WSF and WSD and W$SD for me are:

33.6 W$WSF
32.8 WTSD
57.7 W$SD

Over 3000 hands sure, but whats considered "running good" or "average" interms of these figures?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]

33.6 W$WSF
32.8 WTSD
57.7 W$SD

Over 3000 hands sure, but whats considered "running good" or "average" interms of these figures?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your stats aren't off norms enough for 3000 hands to mean much. You could be folding too many winners, running a little bad, or just have a draw-heavy hand distribution.

The key stat for determining running bad is W$WSF, which should generally by 35+ unless you're playing in extremely loose games. Mine tends about 38 for 1/2 through 3/6, though I tend to be on the extreme. Values are generally higher for higher stakes, lower for lower.

WTSD and W$SD are included as a check, because folding too much or too little postflop can skew W$WSF. WTSD should generally be around 35, and W$SD in the 50-53 range. Above 55 coupled with a low WTSD might mean you're folding somewhat too easily, and that could account for the small deficiency in W$WSF. Over 3000 hands, though, it could just mean you're getting more drawing hands than expected, folding when you miss and winning when you hit.

This is limit only. NL generally has lower W$WSF, WTSD, and substantially higher W$SD.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

33.6 W$WSF
32.8 WTSD
57.7 W$SD

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be almost impossible to win at 5/10 6 max+ with these stats, and I think 3k hands is enough to tell. Im assuming these numbers are from 6m from your location, if not, i dont know what relevence this has.

You are playing far to weak postflop. You are folding winners and hands with proper outs, and not playing marginal hands strong enough. If I saw someone with those stats in my game, I would pick on them all day, isolating with marginal hands and bullying postflop.

Then again, I'm sure 1/2 requires a different approach. I'm just not sure how different.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

33.6 W$WSF
32.8 WTSD
57.7 W$SD

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be almost impossible to win at 5/10 6 max+ with these stats, and I think 3k hands is enough to tell. Im assuming these numbers are from 6m from your location, if not, i dont know what relevence this has.

You are playing far to weak postflop. You are folding winners and hands with proper outs, and not playing marginal hands strong enough. If I saw someone with those stats in my game, I would pick on them all day, isolating with marginal hands and bullying postflop.

Then again, I'm sure 1/2 requires a different approach. I'm just not sure how different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol fair enough, Well i've reviewed some 5/10 and watched some videos i tend to agree with majority of decisions but ill check my stats at 10k anyhow.

How can you tell i fold hands with proper outs? I dont see how anyone can assume this?

What are yout 5/10 W$WSF and W$SD and WTSD then?

Cheers Tapirboy also.
POKhER