Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 05:07 AM

Default Tens on a Monotone Flop Multiway

Button was relatively new at the table, so no real reads. sb was a calling station and really didn't show any creativity. utg played fairly standard postflop, but was one of those who doesnt raise preflop. was really unsure of what action to take on the flop raise.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, 4 folds, MP3 calls, Hero raises, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, Hero bets, Button raises, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, MP3 folds, Hero...?
Old 11-13-2005, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Tens on a Monotone Flop Multiway

*grunch*

the pot is laying you 19:1 for your overpair. Although one of your T is not an out, I think you can call here. When the river is another [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you can easily fold. If it's a blank, bet/fold. I think checking is too weak, because you can't read much from BU betting out. I would fold as well if it is a bet and a raise in front of me. Those cold-callers always give me the creeps on such a board...

The pot is too big to lay down your hand at the flop.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:17 AM

Easy call. Villian could be raisng with top pair or a high [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. The turn card will dramatically effect your hands value. Unfortunately your position relative to the flop raiser is not good for knocking people out on the turn. If someone bets in front of you, then raise it up. Otherwise bet into the button with the hope that he will raise the others out of the hand.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:32 AM

would you fold if there are cold-callers? I'm just thinking about revoking part of the line i suggested. What would you do when the turn card was a high blank / low blank and you still have more than one opponent?
Old 11-13-2005, 05:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would you fold if there are cold-callers?

[/ QUOTE ]

Be more specific.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm just thinking about revoking part of the line i suggested. What would you do when the turn card was a high blank / low blank and you still have more than one opponent?

[/ QUOTE ]

It all depends on what the action is to me. If an Ace falls for example and it is a bet and a call to me, then I'm gone. If the 3 pairs and someone bets in front of me, then I'm raising.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:36 AM

there is a very good chance your behind now, and if you arent the deck is completely stacked against you. only 1 card will offer you any real help.

calling here is painful but with 19:1 i think you have to do it.

i also think this is a good post and would like to see the turn and river action.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:25 AM

Folding is out of the question because you still have the best hand. Raising serves no purpose. No one is going anywhere and you'd rather charge more for their heart draw on a blank turn. Call and reevaluate the turn.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:15 PM

Call this raise, and bet/fold a non-heart turn. It's very unlikely that anybody is raising the turn on the come, so if you get raised it's pretty easy to dump your hand, but you do want to bet to avoid giving a free card.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:28 PM

I'd lay it down

You've got outs to a backdoor straight but its weaker than 1.5 since you can't count the hearts

You've got an out to the 3ofKind because you can't count the Th

I think the others are getting great reverse odds on you so folding would be fine. Looks like there are many monsters that can appear on this hand.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd lay it down

You've got outs to a backdoor straight but its weaker than 1.5 since you can't count the hearts

You've got an out to the 3ofKind because you can't count the Th

I think the others are getting great reverse odds on you so folding would be fine. Looks like there are many monsters that can appear on this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are we talking about outs when we have the best hand?