Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 04:16 PM

Default Ready to move up?

I'm making 3.17 bb/100 playing .50 1 limit on stars after 5 k hands. Should I be ok to move up to 1-2 with 300 big bets as a bankroll? I know this post probably lacks info so feel free to ask other question in order to answer. Thanks a lot.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Ready to move up?

You don't hanve enough hands yet to know if your'e winning becasue you're good, or if you're winning becasue you're lucky. That said, if you feel ready and you want to, take a shot. Just be prepared to step back down if it becomes clear you're not as good as your early results would indicate.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't hanve enough hands yet to know if your'e winning becasue you're good, or if you're winning becasue you're lucky. That said, if you feel ready and you want to, take a shot. Just be prepared to step back down if it becomes clear you're not as good as your early results would indicate.

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands to know if it's cause I'm good? 10 k?
Old 07-24-2005, 04:23 PM

Sure, but 15k couldn't hurt
Old 07-24-2005, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How many hands to know if it's cause I'm good? 10 k?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going by pure stats, it's a lot more than 10k. Probably more like 50k. Even then, you could be doing many individual things wrong, but do a few more things right, so you'll be slightly +EV overall.

If you would participate on the forum by posting your advice to other people's threads (and taking it well when you get shot down), you'll find out much quicker. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-24-2005, 04:30 PM

Ten thousand hands isn't really enough either probably, but I'll let others flood you with those facts. There are no hard and fast numbers for moving up, only general guidelines.

I moved out of 0.5/1 to 1/2 when i felt i was outplaying my opponents and "earning" pots and not just collecting money because of their bad play. Your winrate at 0.5/1 can really be overinflated due to extremely poor opponents.

All that being said though, if you feel you're a winning player and have the bankroll play three or four sessions of 1/2 and see how it goes, but as was stated earlier be prepared to drop back down to 0.50/1 for a bit more experience.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:05 PM

Ok, well Im gonna try and churn out another 10 k hands this week and re-evaluate. If the winrate still looks good after 15 k hands then I'll seriously consider moving up.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, well Im gonna try and churn out another 10 k hands this week and re-evaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another poker pro is born.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, well Im gonna try and churn out another 10 k hands this week and re-evaluate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another poker pro is born.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont even know what that's supposed to mean.
Old 07-24-2005, 05:41 PM

It's that 10k hands is more than I play in the average month, and I play a fair bit of poker. The poker pros are the ones who play 10k hands/week.