Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2005, 11:49 PM

Default Can I fold AA?

Here are a few AA hands from PP 5/10 6-max. Should I be folding any of these??? No reads on any of these players.

Hand 1:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.20 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.20 BB

Hand 2:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Hand 3:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, Button calls.

Turn: (6.70 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (8.70 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

Hand 4:

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Not all of these are losses. I'm not showing bad beats. I'm trying to figure out when I can fold and when I have to decide to call down with AA.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Can I fold AA?

Hand 1,2,3: THese are fine. Esp HU I would not be looking to fold Aces.

Hand 4: If you choose to play preflop that way, then your postflop line is fine I guess. I would just CR the flop as your hand range for a flop CR is pretty wide.

I would just 3bet pre though.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:57 AM

the only one i could maybe find a fold in is #2, just because the pot is so small.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:26 AM

I could lay down hand 2

On the 4th hand, that seems a really bad time to pull a deception/slowplay with your AA (is there ever a good time with AA I don't think so??). You are UTG post-flop, so in the SB you may lose any ability to ramp it up.

For example, you could check with the intention of CR, and then it could go check/check and everyone gets free cards.

Or, you could bet, and get call/call right to the river each time.

A better play, if you think the button is stealing would be to make this heads-up call from the BB with AA. Then let out with a bet post-flop.....Just a thought
Old 05-26-2005, 02:51 AM

The only one I looked at and instantly saw a fold was Hand #2. I just figure that even if he was planning on raising the turn as a delayed re-steal, he has probably made better than one pair on the turn. Since you stuck the river, I think calling is fine because you now beat a boatload of his possible two-pair holdings.

Hand 1 is pretty normal and just another one of this hands that you never seem to win.

Hand 3 is starting to look like a spot for a nice little stop-n-go. UTG is obviously not folding the flop for one more (if he will, please PM me his name). He may or may not peel one off on the turn if he hits random overcards or hits the first half of his backdoor draw. I see some money being made by the times he hits his KQs or something like that and he has to call the BB on the turn, rather than fold for the two on the flop.

Hand 4 is so much easier to play if you play it straight-forward. I can't even go through your thinking because I don't see the angles you see.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the only one i could maybe find a fold in is #2, just because the pot is so small.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a small pot because it's a SB versus BB steal which also means that opponent may be playing back at you lighter. I don't fold there unless I know that the opponent doesn't have any gamble in him.
Old 05-26-2005, 09:03 AM

interesting. people say hand #2, i thought hand #1.

BB c/r a total blank on the turn? i don't know if i could lay it down or where to do it (to the c/r or the river), but that's where i thought you could IMO.