Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2004, 11:31 PM

Default DO I CALL, FOLD, OR GO ALL-IN?

Live NLH tournament. It's a free tournament that is being played in a bar for points and prizes. This is the third one I've played and there are ALL KINDS of players.

6 handed. 6 tables left. Blinds 100-200. I have 2200 in chips.

I'm on the button and four people have limped. I have Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I call 200 to see a flop. Should I have even called here?

Flop comes down Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB goes all-in for 1100. The chip leader calls and it's folded to me. Do I call, fold, or go all-in?

I'll post results in an hour or so.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:34 PM

Default Re: DO I CALL, FOLD, OR GO ALL-IN?

Fold, you must be either beat or having two people drawing to beat you...5 limpers with such high blinds?? WOW! This seems like the sort of situation where you maybe, just maybe could have gone all in preflop and just picked up all that dead money...but with this many limpers there are probably a couple calling stations too...but fold the hand with a ALL-in and a call in front of you...you still have 2000 left to be in a heads up situation to double up...
Old 10-19-2004, 12:32 AM

Default RESULTS

Thanks for your comment.

I ended up raising all-in and the chip leader called. The SB turned over Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for top pair and flush draw. Chip leader turned over K J offsuit for open ended straight draw and one overcard. Turn was a blank and river was an Ace. Chip leader knocked two players out and gained more chips.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:52 AM

Default Re: DO I CALL, FOLD, OR GO ALL-IN?

This is before I read the results: Thoughts after...

Preflop: The limp was fine, you had enough people in the pot to justify going for a drawing hand like this

Flop: Fold. Against one person you MAY have the best hand, but against two you're likely down to one of them. Fold is the best play if you want to move further along in the tournament.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:54 AM

Default Re: After Results

I think your play was bad here. What made you want to call? With more people to act behind you and already two callers, it really wasn't worth the risk to your stack.