Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the more legendary SNG player?
Gigabet 127 85.23%
Raptor 22 14.77%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-18-2005, 03:31 AM

Default Re: Brand Spankin\' New Glock 19

[ QUOTE ]
Finally, the number of incidents where the mere presence of a gun by the defender thwarted an attack is huge but not easily documented. Statistics abound showing that the number of CCW permit holders who commit a crime involving a gun are miniscule. FBI interviews of convicted felons suggest that criminals do indeed think about whether their potential victims are armed and they may change their criminal behavior accordingly. States with concealed carry laws continue to show a decrease in the rate of violent crime.

All of this information has been presented to you throughout this thread yet you continue to live in a state of denial or ignorance. I don't see why.

Post Extras:

[/ QUOTE ]

I have explained my reasonong many times. It is everyone else that isn't listening. I don't consider a thwarted robbery a saved life. This is the basis of my stance. In the majority of cases where an attacker is deterred, it can't be proven that a life was safed as a result of the conclead weapon law. On the flip side, it can definitely be proven any time a concealed carrier is directly or indirectly responsible for an innocent death. I just don't see the reasoning behind turning every single robbery,mugging, etc. into a fire fight.

I also agreed that there is a chance that carrying a gun could make you safer. I'm not yet convinced of this however. I just think it makes everyone around you more unsafe. Considering I will never carry I gun, you can see why I have a problem with this.