Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: It\'s a big flop.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why didn't SB cap the river with his AA.

Scrap that. 99, bad slowplay. You deserved it.[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I was going to write a post that basically amounted to "WTF?" when I read what you wrote, but I figured I'd let it slide.

[/ QUOTE ]
I hadn't seen the results when I started this one. If SB had capped the river and turned over AA, 1000 new kittens would have been born that very second.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness, I hope you see what I'm saying when I assert that a flop raise does not increase your chances to win this pot if you are already behind. This is a call > raise >>>>> fold situation on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I can't get over the feeling that just calling on the flop here is pissweak after the preflop action. Does playing it this way make you too predictable? A fit or fold player? Or are the players so bad that this doesn't matter?
Old 09-26-2005, 04:59 AM

against these many opponents i would play your hand as a weak draw and call the flop and fold the turn UI since the odds dictate so. i really cant think your hand is best right now and if u raise u better be doing it for a freecard and hope someone doesnt donk it on the turn.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

In all seriousness, I hope you see what I'm saying when I assert that a flop raise does not increase your chances to win this pot if you are already behind. This is a call > raise >>>>> fold situation on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but I can't get over the feeling that just calling on the flop here is pissweak after the preflop action. Does playing it this way make you too predictable? A fit or fold player? Or are the players so bad that this doesn't matter?

[/ QUOTE ]
A fit or fold player would just fold this flop. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And sure, it might seem weak, but how smart does putting in a raise with the third best hand sound? I highly doubt you'll find that recommended in any book you read. This is just a situation where you have a draw. You are getting odds to draw, so you draw. You don't have a pot equity edge, though.. so raising is ill-advised - especially when it's unlikely to knock anyone out or serve any other useful purpose as a free card isn't going to significantly improve your chances to win this pot. Also, it opens the action back up for a three-bet. If I got three bet on this flop after raising, I would choke on the vomit I just swallowed. Besides, as you saw, if you hit, they still will pay out like a slot machine with a second best hand.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My biggest leak, and the one thing holding me back from moving up was thinking this way. Then I realise every situation is independant, and re-assessment with an openness to all options is needed to further your game.

We don't need to show our poker penis by raising every situation. The better players now days are the ones whom aren't TAG's, but TANs, whom call, manipulate, induce bluffing, and see showdowns. The higher limit boards are starting to realise it.
Old 09-26-2005, 05:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My biggest leak, and the one thing holding me back from moving up was thinking this way. Then I realise every situation is independant, and re-assessment with an openness to all options is needed to further your game.

We don't need to show our poker penis by raising every situation. The better players now days are the ones whom aren't TAG's, but TANs, whom call, manipulate, induce bluffing, and see showdowns. The higher limit boards are starting to realise it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an interesting post. I'll have to think about this for a while, mull it over in the old thick cranium that I so proudly possess.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's an interesting post. I'll have to think about this for a while, mull it over in the old thick cranium that I so proudly possess.

[/ QUOTE ]
Will your eyepatch factor into your mulling? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 06:09 AM

*Grunch*

He doesn't have an ace for sure yet. We could peel but i dont like calling.

If we raise i dont think we get rid of much of the field due to HUGE POT.

However i will raise this, face 2 cold and theres very few draws on this board.

If MP1 3bets call and fold river UI. Also if UTG gets aggressive after you raise and its one back to you(if 2 fold) then call and fold turn UI.

I think against a big field we must spike a king, which is unlikly.
Old 09-26-2005, 06:20 AM

call and pray for a set
Old 09-26-2005, 06:54 AM

Peel one off for sure. You have odds to make a set. The turn may be a harder decision if you don't get another King.