Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2005, 05:03 PM

Default How many 6max tables do you play at once?

I'm posting this question here because the answer is different depending on the limit you play and I play NL400 with every intention on moving up (again). So if this is in the wrong section then my bad. Anywaay, if I played NL100 or NL50 I could probably manage 6 pretty easily and train myself to manage 8.

I play 4 NL400 6max tables at once but only have one 2001fp monitor. I'm thinking about buying another monitor to give more tables a go.

Thoughts? Anyone here play more than 4 6max tables?
Old 08-31-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: How many 6max tables do you play at once?

I see a few $1000 regulars who manage > 4 but I can only do 3

when you get to 10/20 i'm sure you will want two monitors though
Old 08-31-2005, 06:04 PM

Yeah I can only manage 3 at the moment. I dont like playing quickly.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:22 PM

I user PT and PokerAce and it makes it much easier to multi. I have a 23" Apple monitor which shows 4 tables at once without overlap. However, the key is to user another monitor too. I recently hooked up my Sony 19" flat screen to the same computer and set up windows to expand the desktop to both. I can see 5 tables easily and still bring up PT stats. I usually play 4 though and it would be more difficult if I was doing this at all short-handed tables (I'm playing a combo of 3/6 and 5/10 NL). I try to stick with full tables when I multi.

Again, the key for me is the user Pokerace -- it allows you to get most of the info you need without having to study most of the hands.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:47 PM

I play 4x6max 600NL on 19CRT monitor with huge overlap so basically I dont see what is going on at other tables when making decision somewhere.
I think I will get my 21LCD soon but I dont think I will play more than 4tables. Four is good number, its like 350hands/hour and you still have some time to read 2+2 and other sites between hands [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Best wishes
Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 4x6max 600NL on 19CRT monitor with huge overlap so basically I dont see what is going on at other tables when making decision somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use 19" and 4 table with no overlap. Right click on your desktop, hit settings, then the settings tab. You should be able to use a higher resolution.

Oh yeah, have been playing 4 $400 max since they opened. Just now moved up to $600 max a few days ago.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:25 PM

today i did a mix of 4 nl $2k tables and 4 30/60 limit tables about 3 were short, < 5, it didn't seem like that much of a struggle coompared to 8 tables of 30/60.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, the key for me is the user Pokerace -- it allows you to get most of the info you need without having to study most of the hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know but I find this statement real depressing for some reason.
Old 09-01-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Again, the key for me is the user Pokerace -- it allows you to get most of the info you need without having to study most of the hands. [ QUOTE ]
I don't know but I find this statement real depressing for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's nothing wrong with using software for keeping track of VP$IP and such. Poker isn't a memory game, it's an observation and strategy game. That's why this is much more depressing:

[ QUOTE ]
I think I will get my 21LCD soon but I dont think I will play more than 4tables. Four is good number, its like 350hands/hour and you still have some time to read 2+2 and other sites between hands

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-01-2005, 01:55 AM

i can only do two, any more leads to a signifiacant dropoff. i can add a couopla mtt's though.