Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 12:36 AM

Default Re: Great HU hand for discussion

[ QUOTE ]
Bet/fold unless SB is capable of a checkraise bluff on the turn. If he is capable of checkraising the turn, you might as well check if he won't call without at least a Queen. If he likes to go to showdown without a good hand, then bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

What will a player like this do on the river if we check here?
Old 08-02-2005, 12:41 AM

How often does villian attempt to steal blinds? It seems to me that there is no way you are going to semi-bluff him/her out of pot. You have 9 outs to the nut flush...Against any other player i would raise, but since you stated that the vilian tends to check raise i would take the free card.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is probably a case where you should bet the turn in a big pot and check in a small pot. If he doesn't have a pocket/QJ/QT/JT he is drawing dead to a split. So if the pot were 15 BB, you would like for him to fold his T9 since he 7 outs to a chop and should call you if he knew what you had.

The flop raise is also pretty silly IMO for the same reason. If he has something like T9 or T8 and is drawing super thin, just let him keep betting at the pot. You don't want him to fold a 2-outer on the flop in a small pot. And since he isn't going to fold a better hand here, the only thing a raise does is weed out the hands that have no shot. Again this is okay when the pot is big, but it is better to just let him keep betting when the pot is small.

Side note: If you had 32 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] then a flop raise makes more sense. He would be making a mistake if he folds Q9 or 87 or whatever.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

I got to thinking about what you said shillx.

In response to the flop raise, I think it's correct, as I have never seen SB show a willingness to Bet/ Fold. I'm almost positive he will call 1 more with any two on the off chance he hits a pair and we don't have anything.

But this has me thinking about my original line. The one where I bet any turn. A bet on the turn is likely to scare him away when he doesn't improve. If we raise the flop, I'm not seeing much value in a Turn bet at all, regardless of whether we improve or not.

What do you think of this for a line here:

Raise the flop; Check any turn Improved or UI, raise the river when we improve.

My only qualms with this hand is what to do UI.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:53 AM

first off, his raise to me could be a variety of hands, probably raising with any pocket pairs or any high card. i would take his flop bet as a standard agressive bet backing up his preflop raise. i think i would bet the turn and see how he reacts. if he c/r then i think it would be a safe fold. if he calls then i probably would take a free showdown if given the opportunity b/c he could very well bet the flop with a pair of kings. besides, i think betting the turn as a bluff is your best shot of winning as he could fold right there. sure you can check the turn as he might lead the river but i would even pay that one bet for information and the possibility of winning w/a Q kicker, but i think betting the turn has the greatest EV. im not even sure if you make your flush that you can bet the river for value.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:07 AM

nice post though, im too tired thinking about it. hope to read more insightful things on this post later.