Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 02:21 PM

Default Re: Who likes Bellande ?

[ QUOTE ]
Watched the 2005 WSOP 1st event or whatever the hell it is. Bellande was pretty funny. I hated him for the first 5 minutes because I didn't understand him but now I like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking I would've called him out on his beanie and the fact that he is obviously balding......if he busted my balls, that is.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Watched the 2005 WSOP 1st event or whatever the hell it is. Bellande was pretty funny. I hated him for the first 5 minutes because I didn't understand him but now I like him.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking I would've called him out on his beanie and the fact that he is obviously balding......if he busted my balls, that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

excellent. now that's good tv
Old 07-20-2005, 03:17 PM

i thought he was gonna bust out with some french rap
Old 07-20-2005, 03:18 PM

He definitely reminded of The Rock as well as the brother from Everybody Loves raymond (his face at least). He wasn't as annoying in the 2nd episode.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:24 PM

He grew on me. He wasn't nearly as annoying as they were making him out to be.

Harman seems to think he was funny, and even Ivey cracked a smile once or twice.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jen is awesome. How lucky is her husband? Do you think he even bothers having a job? I'd probably follow her to every event too; she must get hit on 24/7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her husband cashed in 50,000 world series events. I think that's his job.

~D
Old 07-20-2005, 03:38 PM

Pretty arrogant and annoying IMO. I did like the comment Jen made though when he said something like "Must be nice knowing you're clearly the best player at the table" and she turned it around with "You must have a pretty big ego." I was drinking, exact dialogue a little hazy.
Old 07-20-2005, 03:51 PM

He has bad attiude of the table as well. Ive seen him at serval events and the guy is a jerk. To cocky and sometimes outright rude. I never thought about the effect he will have on poker now. As one poster brought up this point, can you imagine wantabe Bellandes runnning around you local cardroom! All that aside if he gets a huge stack early in the events you whole stack is at risk evertime you come in.
Wild aggersive player, but should work on his people skills.
I think we might have to deal with this guy for a while though. He has a source of income coming from some where (parents probably) and hes not scared to gamble. Thats a combo for lots of strong tourney runs. By the way......I wish my turn would hurry up and get here 16 $5000 and up tourneys last year 9 cashes no final tables [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] All a player needs is one win in these events to be set for awhile [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 07-20-2005, 03:58 PM

I was rooting against him the whole way. There is only 1 of 2 explanations.

1. He's putting on this "act" to get on people's nerves. This is the hallmark of a weak player if you ask me, he's willing to have a bad reputation and people dislike him to gain what he thinks is a small edge.

2. He's not acting and that's his natural personality, which is almost worse. I despise people who can't shut up for 2 seconds. Can't they see they are the only ones talking? Do they actually think anyone is remotely interested in anything they have to say? I would so Phil Ivey this guy. Imagine 9 players "Ivey'ing" and him being the 10th. He'd be more flustered by everyone stone faced not reacting or listening to a damn word he said.

PS.

3. I think he's consciously trying to be like the Rock (ala WWF/WWE).
Old 07-20-2005, 04:07 PM

Jesus Christ Matasow and him at the same table...........somebodys getting ejected [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]