Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2005, 08:46 PM

Default Stop-n-go times three?

Odd hand tonight. I post the results so you can see what I mean. Why do you think he played it this way? CO is a full-fledged donk btw, and no reads on the SB.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) http://216.119.70.224/converter/hhconverter.pl

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, CO calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 9d 9h (two pair, nines and fives).
Hero has As Qc (two pair, queens and fives).
Outcome: Hero wins 17.50 BB. </font>
Old 07-15-2005, 08:58 PM

Default Re: Stop-n-go times three?

No need to raise the river. Don't post results. Looks like kings or aces. He wants to wait for the turn because of the flush draw. He then bets the turn to stop giving a free card. River bet is weird. He might figure he's ahead, and doesn't want you to showdown for free.

EDIT: I put him on the wrong hand. Perhaps I failed to see that the SB 3-bet a button raiser. But then again, the CO limped in before the button raised, so it's not really a steal situation.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't post results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, they were posted for a reason.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:14 PM

my take is that SB 3bet a possible steal PF. Bets the flop with his PP and gets raised by you. Now he's fully aware that you dont have a 5 so he tries to pretend like he does with the donk bet- if he had a 5, however, he'd C/R i think so i think you're raise here is fine. The river is weird that he bet again, but I guess he figures he's only behind a Q...but after being raised 3 times you think he'd figure it out. actually, he was raised PF, so he was raised every time he bet in this hand. he deserves some sort of award. in fact, i command someone capable of making little graphic things to make one in his honor for being...the donkiest donk? the fishiest fish? the fonkiest dish? something. he sucks. balls. buddy. list.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you think he played it this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have an answer? Either he's trying to push you off AK (which is a donkishly brilliant play on the river...) or he's trying to bluff you off a hand like JJ-TT (bluffing trip 5s and bluffing the straight). Or maybe he's just not that good at poker.

I would not have raised the river against an unknown.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or maybe he's just not that good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may just be the best/only answer here.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:51 PM

whoops read it from the wrong views. i think he is just backing up his preflop raise to represent a big pocket pair. maybe figures that hero is on a flush draw. turn doesnt show spade so he bets again and gets raised. not sure why he called and led the river though. maybe he figured hero was semi-bluffing the whole way without any regard to the type of player hero is.

yah im not sure now that i reread how the preflop action went and taking position into account. just a great play by a great player. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2005, 04:02 AM

Personally I think it's the donk's version of WA/WB. I have no evidence of this, but it's something to think about.
Old 07-16-2005, 05:43 AM

Who knows. Maybe the donk doesn't like giving free cards, showdowns. Don't know how to play mid pairs they don't.
Old 07-16-2005, 06:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Or maybe he's just not that good at poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

That may just be the best/only answer here.

[/ QUOTE ]

His bet on the turn is for obvious reasons, but he should have check/called the river.