Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2003, 02:06 PM

Default How Much Can You Win?

Hi all,

I was wondering how much a very good player can win per tournament on average playing $100 single table tournament.

Thank you

Soh
Old 12-23-2003, 02:13 PM

Default Re: How Much Can You Win?

Assuming the 50-30-20 then they can average $500 or $0. Very good is very relative. I'm a very bad player. Terrible even. Its actually amazing how much I suck. But due to finding the occasional player worse than me, which is very rare, I'm able to keep my losing to an acceptable level of .64 BB/hr/table. If you're the best player at the table, you should be in the money around 45% of the time, how in the money you get should define your investment. Tourney people here probably can answer you better.
Old 12-23-2003, 05:42 PM

Default Re: How Much Can You Win?

[ QUOTE ]

I was wondering how much a very good player can win per tournament on average playing $100 single table tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

Three factors to consider: (1) the strength of your opposition, (2) the structure (how deep the money is and how quickly the blinds increase), and (3) what game (limit or nl, holdem or stud or omaha).

Against terrible opponents, in an NL holdem single-table tournament, in a structure where the blinds don't increase too rapidly, you can have an expected profit as high as the buy-in.

Against opponents who basically know what they're doing; with some very good players in the field, if the structure makes the blinds excessive very quickly, or if the tournament is limit rather than NL, an expert's expected profit is significantly lower - probably about half the buy-in would be the upper limit in any of those cases. With the Stars structure, the best players could probably do a bit better than half the buy-in in NL against mediocre opponents.