Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 12-15-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Bush

[ QUOTE ]
No, the speech was the lead story everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you let the media run your life?

The media ignores 99% of what Bush says and you seem to think the 1% that they cover (which they picked due to their bias to present the story they want to present) is what matters. You are a puppet of the media. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2005, 02:46 PM

Cheney, Rumsfeld and Wolfowitz, the key foreign policy players, were all on public record of beingin favor of regime change in Iraq during the Clinton administration.

In and of itself, this was not a bad thing. Iraq was repeatedly thumbing its nose at the UN and violating the mandated no-fly zones, as well as stonewalling the weapons inspectors. Not to mention the other human rights violations that were SOP.

I don't know if the troops are aware of what would be the appropriate steps to provide the means of victory, but certinaly our troops know how the American politial system works and that a country where all march in lockstep to whatever the leader says would not be a country worth defending. I would think, therefore, that debate and critique would be welcomed by the troops.

I think its safe to say that some would welcome the debate and some would be demoralized.

The administration, however, deliberately failed to prepare for the occupation, thus jeopardizing the lives of our troops needlessly.

I don't know if the failure was deliberate, but I do agree that the war has been managed poorly. As much of a tax hawk as I am, I can't see fighting a real war and simultaneously cutting taxes. That makes no sense.

I hope that the world has indeed been made a safer place by our invasion of Iraq. I fear that is has not,

I suspect that in the short run it has not, but the goal is the long run and the long run is a lot longer than we probably think (sorry, had to work poker in somewhere). But if we're ever going to do the right thing for the Munich victims, Leon Klinghoffer, the Lockerbie victims, the Bali victims, the 9/11 victims and if we're ever going to do honor to the memory Anwar Sadat, this war must be fought. I don't expect it to end anytime soon. If it does, the free world loses.
Old 12-15-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What evidence is their that Iraq or any of it's agencies have any links to 9/11.

I'm sure they did everything in their power to prevent it. Yeah, right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

France didn't try to prevent 9-11 either...BOMB THEM!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

We did that in Tripoli.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What evidence is there for that criticism of the administration’s handling of Iraq harms the morale of the troops?

[/ QUOTE ]
because it plants the seed of doubt that, when the time comes to fund the war, that Congress may not take the appropriate steps to provide the means for victory.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What evidence is their that Iraq or any of it's agencies have any links to 9/11.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure they did everything in their power to prevent it. Yeah, right.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is twice that Andy asked you to provide evidence for something and your answer was a total non sequitor. Why don't you just admit that there is no evidence for either of these propositions?

[/ QUOTE ]

On the first point, it's easy. I've spoken to a few returned soldiers who indicated that some people in their units were affected negatively. Is that good enough, or do you want notarized statements.

On the second point, I have no evidence, nor do I need any. Anyone who honestly believes that Iraqi officials would have taken even the smallest step against anyone connected with Al Qaeda is seriously delusional. Iraq didn't need to be directly involved with 9/11 to be viewed as being complicit.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:03 PM

"France didn't try to prevent 9-11 either...BOMB THEM!!! "

Finally a good idea surfaces. It may just be easier to let the wonderful muslims they welcomed into their wonderful country to take care of this for us, though.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can't have a democracy under a foreign occupation with a constitution written by appointees of the conquerer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who wrote the Constitutions of Germany and Japan after WWII? Just wondering...
Old 12-15-2005, 09:57 PM

My point was that I was not the only one who felt Bush's speech was worthy of comment. I listened to both Larry Elder and Hugh Hewitt on the way home last night and these conservative Republican commentators made it their lead as well.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shorter MMMMMM:

I have an almost religious faith in the correcteness of right-wing talking points. So I see no need for actual evidence to show what Congressional critics actually said. Nor do I see any need for actual evidence of any harm to "morale". Bush said it, and it fits with what I want to believe, so it must be true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not even remotely close to how my conclusions are derived. Projecting again, Elliot?