Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Raise the turn and Bet The River? Low overpair till the river.

Villain is 60/20/1.5 over 50 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: beset is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">beset 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">beset bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">beset raises</font>, UTG+1 calls.

River: (10.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">beset bets</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 12.75 BB
Old 11-30-2005, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Raise the turn and Bet The River? Low overpair till the river.

Looks perfect to me.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:38 PM

I would probably take the free showdown on the river. I don't see much value in a bet he has to have 77-44 or ace high. The turn is pretty interesting were you planning on folding to a 3-bet? If not i suggest call turn call river.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:39 PM

Looks fine to me.

Did villain have TT?
Old 11-30-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably take the free showdown on the river. I don't see much value in a bet he has to have 77-44 or ace high. The turn is pretty interesting were you planning on folding to a 3-bet? If not i suggest call turn call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey sean against a tighter villian I think I agree but this guy is 60/20/1.5 I think we're way ahead of his range on the turn and the river as well.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:42 PM

Having great difficulty putting UTG+1 on a hand here, but I guess at 60/20 A8s could just about be within his range, and is the only thing we are really worried about here.

Ijust can't see how that 2 on the turn helped him at all, I think I'd be starting to suspect slow-played trips here and call down, but I'm a weak-tighty!

Mat
Old 11-30-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey sean against a tighter villian I think I agree but this guy is 60/20/1.5 I think we're way ahead of his range on the turn and the river as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loose and aggressive doesn't mean he 3-bets with air on the turn or calls river bets with nothing on a drawless board. If he is that type of post flop nut job it might change my mind.

This looks great. I think you're going to take to limit just fine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I'd expect to see a TT/JJ a fair number of times here - a TT/JJ that is expecting to lose to a higher pocket pair, that is.

Personally, I think I would have checked behind when the King hit the river. Of the range of hands that he would have raised with UTG+1, the only one I really see you beating are AQ/AJ - unless he's a loose raiser and you 3-bet to isolate him, in which case you played it fine...

EDIT: I just noticed the 60/20/1.5 stat. Forget what I said earlier - you played it perfectly.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:52 PM

He's raising a lot of hands. Most likely any hand with a big card. If you don't think his EP raise means much, I think we have to assume you've got the best hand.

Villians flop and turn play are confusing, but the river check seems to have scared him, good value bet.