Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 11-21-2005, 01:16 PM

Default The Vice President of Torture

That's what former CIA director Stansfield Turner calls Mr. Cheney. Mr. Cheney continued the administration's big lie today with the following:

"What is not legitimate, and what I will again say is dishonest and reprehensible, is the suggestion by some U.S. senators that the president of the United States or any member of his administration purposely misled the American people on prewar intelligence."

This from the man who, in December, 2001, on "Meet the Press" said "it's been pretty well confirmed" that there was a direct pre-9/11 link betwen Mohammed Atta and Iraqi intelligence. When that link was later disproved, Cheney was confronted about his Meet the Press remark by Gloria Borger on CNBC. Three times Cheney told her that he never said it.

Reprehensible and dishonest indeed.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:31 PM

Default Re: The Vice President of Torture

Do you really believe that politicians of any stripe who run their mouths all the time remember 1/2 of what they say?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you really believe that politicians of any stripe who run their mouths all the time remember 1/2 of what they say?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this supposed to be a justification for lying?
Old 11-21-2005, 03:29 PM

Could the Left come together and figure out what "the Big Lie" is for the Bush admin? I'm growing tired of hearing every "lie" being called the "Big Lie" and can't keep em straight.

Thanks.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Could the Left come together and figure out what "the Big Lie" is for the Bush admin? I'm growing tired of hearing every "lie" being called the "Big Lie" and can't keep em straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic. There are just too many lies, so you blame the left for making it too confusing to track. Follow that party line --- it's always right.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Classic. There are just too many lies, so you blame the left for making it too confusing to track.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it's like if I said every time someone was killed it was a Holocaust, the meaning of the word would diminish to a shadow of it's former meaning. If the Left were more selective of what they called "the Big Lie", maybe they'd be doing better in elections...

[ QUOTE ]
Follow that party line --- it's always right.

[/ QUOTE ]
I liked this part, especially since I've done nothing but float away from the party line since I arrived in college. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time I've been stereotyped by a lefty.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Classic. There are just too many lies, so you blame the left for making it too confusing to track.

[/ QUOTE ] No, it's like if I said every time someone was killed it was a Holocaust, the meaning of the word would diminish to a shadow of it's former meaning. If the Left were more selective of what they called "the Big Lie", maybe they'd be doing better in elections...

[/ QUOTE ]

"The Big Lie" is that we had a legitimate reason for going to Iraq. Since you can't convince the American people to go to war by just telling them once, there was a long string of lies which all fall under the category of "The Big Lie."

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Follow that party line --- it's always right.

[/ QUOTE ]
I liked this part, especially since I've done nothing but float away from the party line since I arrived in college. Oh well, wouldn't be the first time I've been stereotyped by a lefty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really glad that your first 3 months of college have really shattered your worldview.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm really glad that your first 3 months of college have really shattered your worldview.

[/ QUOTE ]
Try again (can't you lefties get anything right? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])
Old 11-21-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Try again (can't you lefties get anything right? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

In my experience, getting your worldview shattered in three months of college is something more befitting to a lefty ^_^
Old 11-21-2005, 04:34 PM

Whatever. I'm not a freshmen (as Poboy implied) and my worldview hasn't been "shattered". I think it's evolved over a few years time from staunch Republican to a conservative/libertarian. So I don't know what party line I'm supposedly following in lock step with, as Elwood suggested.

By all means, continue making assumptions about me (aimed at everyone). They make me laugh.