Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Importing Notes to Poker Tracker

Can someone please explain this to me, If i make notes on Party what would be the purpose of importing them into PT, would it be that I would have those notes, for that screen name on other sites? Or if I move my data base to another computer then i would have the notes again??
If im not planning on doing either of these, would there be any point in me importing player notes?
Thanks
Old 11-15-2005, 09:14 PM

Default Re: Importing Notes to Poker Tracker

I find it useful so that when I review my play after the end of a session I can have my notes side by side with my PT analysis.
Old 11-16-2005, 12:58 AM

Default Re: Importing Notes to Poker Tracker

when you use the "advanced export" feature, it will put the players "vpip" "pfr%" "AF" "steal attempt%" etc........ along with the personal notes that you have on the player. But it will erase the personal notes that you have made if you don't import them into PT
I always import after each session b/c I like the advanced export feature. its a personal choice really. it doesn't matter.

Another use for notes in PT is when you review hands, you can make additional notes on some players that have peculiar or idiosyncratic betting patterns. Then those notes (along with the notes you make in party) will also be exported.

Don't forget to close party during import/export procedures.