Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 04:35 AM

Default Re: 2-4 limit 10-10, river line?

We can surmise certain baseline characteristics, even from a sample as small as 14 hands. In this case, SB has seen 6 flops in 1.5 orbits and has not bet or raised once. What this does is it eliminates strong flush draw/lower pocket pair+gutshot types of hands from his range, reducing our equity to the point where we can comfortably get out of this hand and engage in more lucrative battles later on.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:43 PM

Default Results

Results
Hero: folds
mp2: calls $4
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SB: shows [9c 9d] (a pair of Nines)
Mp3: mucks hand
SB collected $52 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $54 | Rake $2
Board [8d 4c 5d 2h 6h]
Seat 1: MP3 [Ac 8c]

I was pretty sick about this hand afterwards, I was multitabling, and I think I missed the flush draw, otherwise I think the turn raise would have been ideal and alllowed me to take it down. I was originally going to call, but when the six hit, I got scared off by the straight possibilities.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Results

Yeah, when you're still on the flop, the three-bet leaves A8/99 along with 88/55/44/54/76, and it sucks to get chased by a hand we beat. But, as I said, our total equity when you figure the narrowed range for SB and the presence of the other raiser is such that we can exit, IMO.

As it was played, once it's 12.5-1 on the river, the A8/99 possibilities require us to call, I think even with the 4-straight on board and the player behind us.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:47 PM

Quote:While you may be right about not capping the flop, the reason give does not make sense (without more elaboration). Any time there is ramming and jamming on the flop in a multiway pot, the principal beneficiaries are the big draw(s) and the hand that is best now. The hand that is best now may have the other made hands drawing near dead (e.g. a flopped set) or may have other made hands drawing weak but live (e.g. TT in this hand). I include two overcards as a made hand (though it's just A high or K high or whatever; made hand might better be called not-a-big-draw hand in this post).

We are getting good equity if we cap the flop, assuming TT is the best hand.

I dont like the pump here because our hand is dubious at best i think close to half deck can drastically change things on turn so certaily not a place to pump pot but a turn raise i like. I feel guy was on a flush draw that he cant get away from on turn and river due to our lack of a turn raise so i call river.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Results

Quote:I was pretty sick about this hand afterwards, I was multitabling, and I think I missed the flush draw, otherwise I think the turn raise would have been ideal and alllowed me to take it down. I was originally going to call, but when the six hit, I got scared off by the straight possibilities.

While i feel bad for you i think even with straight scare card this represents fundamental flaw of folding in a decent sized pot for one bet. ramifications from this hand could effect you mentally for rest of session while losing one more bb is really not that bad here in the long run
Old 11-13-2005, 02:02 PM

If we're committing to seeing a showdown here (and hence putting in 2 BB on the turn river), I think raising the turn and folding to a three-bet is better than calling down. A lot of times two pair hands won't three-bet so were not at a huge risk of giving up much equity when we fold to a raise (usually if we get three-bet we have 0-2 outs against either the straight or a set).

Capping the flop would be pretty bad. I think waiting to see a safe turn (non- [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6, 7, 8, maybe A or whatever) is better.

With that said, if we get to the turn, the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] is about as good a card as we can hope for, so I think we should probably raise at that point.