Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 04:49 AM

Default Re: Is this a value bet?

verrrry thin.

only hand i see calling is JT.

looks like hes drawing to clubs/straight.

if hes loose enough to call on the end with J9,78/9,A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] etc. then maybe 1/3 pot?

im with xorbie though an prolly checking behind to see his hand.

paul
Old 11-12-2005, 04:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and say bet because I check here against all but the worst calling stations. If you guys are betting 50 and folding to a PSR+ I think its a bad bet. Decent players will raise a weak VB with hands you beat.

I'm open-minded as usual however.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kdiding me? I've played every stakes from 1cent/2cent to 5/10NL and I've run into maybe 2 or 3 players TOTAL who are capable of checkraising the river on a bluff bcause the value bet looks weak.

If he c/r, we fold, it's easy.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:58 AM

although yea im definitely betting 50 on this river, he is going to look you up with pair+draw, pair, a lot of the time

though he can easily put you on a K because you bet so little on flop / so much more on turn
Old 11-12-2005, 05:13 AM

With your read being that he's 'wierd', unless you can confidently nail him down on a hand here, I'd check behind. I'd love to say bet, but if I were in the hand I'd check behind and take a peak. There aren't many worse hands that are going to call you here so I don't see it being long term +EV.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:17 AM

I think you can reraise this hand PF. Button doesn't need much to raise here so you might actually be ahead with KQ.

This hand looks kinda standard to me and when it comes to river, I think you don't gain much by betting. The only worse hands your opponent would call you with are something like a pair of tens with a busted draw or maybe jacks (weirdly played [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]) Against a loose opponent this is a clear bet, though. I'm guessing something like 33-50% of the pot would be proper.

Rozez
Old 11-12-2005, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon and say bet because I check here against all but the worst calling stations. If you guys are betting 50 and folding to a PSR+ I think its a bad bet. Decent players will raise a weak VB with hands you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kdiding me? I've played every stakes from 1cent/2cent to 5/10NL and I've run into maybe 2 or 3 players TOTAL who are capable of checkraising the river on a bluff bcause the value bet looks weak.

[/ QUOTE ]THen you must not play very often. I regularly see aggressive players build a huge stack by doing this.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]THen you must not play very often. I regularly see aggressive players build a huge stack by doing this.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahha hahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhaha hahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahaha hhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahh ahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhah ahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahah ahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahah ahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahah hahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahha hahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhaha hahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahaha hhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahh ahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhah ahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahah ahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahah ahhahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahah
Old 11-12-2005, 06:49 AM

I'd bet.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:51 AM

Bet, but i like the 2/5's of the pot here. Any lower and he might think about a checkraise steal (kinda maybe if he's randomly wierd) but half the pot would probably look like you have a king. I find a lil less then half the pot in spots like this looks more like you missed your draw and are just trying to cheaply pick up the pot. If he's got a 9 with a decent kicker the extra 10$ might mean the diffrence between at crying call and a fold. But then again, i haven't played 6-max for a while [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 08:40 AM

Rob, you suck. Quit messin' up the threads. Anyways, I bet 60 he check/raised to 150 and I insta-folded. I strongly considered checking and against most people I would. But I thought this dude could look me up with bottom pair or something since he was so loose. I'm still not sure. Anyways, my default is to check here against most people.