Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back

Old 11-11-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Party VIP complaints

Hey...i like what they're trying to do. Maybe my party-rep is just clueless but I'm kind of annoyed.

First - end of October I am writing to them asking why I haven't received a November offer yet (since so many here had gotten one). Rep said she was confused because I already had my offer set up.
Ummm...noooo....that was my October offer. You said you would call before end of October to set up something for November.
I had to tell THEM what they had already told me.

Finally I get the November call and set that up.
Great.
I was also told that even though I didn't complete the oct goal I would be getting $375 for getting part-way to the goal.
Great.
That was very nice.

As of last night I still wasn't paid the $375.

So I write to them...and then today they give me $250.

Don't want to look a gift-horse in the mouth of course. But why give me only $250 when YOU said I was going to get $375??
Kind of annoying.

Their reply so far on this kind of bugged me too.
THEY told ME on Nov 1 "you're account will be credited with $375 for the amount that you played in October" and then in the e-mail it's like they're blaming me for not having gotten paid until so late.
It very much felt like they just came up with the $250 figure right there and then and told forgotten about the fact that they had already talked to me about how much they planned on giving me for Oct.

It's been fairly polite treatment I feel....and mostly professional except for their general forgetfulness over what we had discussed in previous conversations.

I'm not going to quibble too muich about this.
But I feel that when they say they are going to give me a certain amount they shouldn't just conveniently 'forget' that they told me that and then give me a lesser amount.

Yes...we had already established that I didn't play there very much in Oct. No biggie.

But my rep said that she was going to submit to them that I should get $375 for my October play...and obviously never did this.

------------------------

Hello -
> I believe you mentioned that I would be getting paid
> by the VIP club for my play in October.
>
> Just letting you know that I have yet to receive
> payment for this.
> When I can expect my payment?
>
>
> I believe we agreed on $375 for October. Is that
> correct?
>
>
> Thanks,

-----------------------

Dear Bob,
>
> I have checked at your account and I understood why
> he didn't receive your
> October bonus - Actually you didn't reach the target
> and played only 7873
> Raked hands in October. That is why the system which
> has credited
> automatically all the October bonuses didn't
> credited yours. However, I am
> Pleased to let you know that I have credited 250$ in
> your account as a
> complimentary bonus.
>
> Furthermore, I would like to let you know that your
> November bonus is set up
> for 30,000 raked hands for 1250$. Please let me know
> if you would like to
> readjust it because if you don't plan to play that
> many hands in November,
> We should readjust it now otherwise; we will meet
> the same problem at the
> end of the month.
>
> I look forward to hearing from you soon,
>

------------------------

When we talked on the phone on Nov 1 you told me that
I would be receiving $375 for the play that I gave in
October.

Why did you tell me that I was going to receive a
greater amount and then only give me $250?

Thanks,
Bob
Old 11-11-2005, 04:01 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"
Default Re: Party VIP complaints

Hi Bob-

Are you talking to the same person each time? Do you have your own rep or not?

So far I have talked to the same gentelman so here is how I would handle the conversation.

First I would be very gracious in accepting hte $250 since they were certainly not obliged to give it to me.

I would want to know how my rep first came up with the $375 number, did she just have a feeling that was correct, or was there a specific reason she pulled up that number? Did she just overpromise something that she couldn't do? If that's not the case, what steps can we go through to collect the other $125?

I would be polite and listen closely and try and figure out how the office works. Party is trying to make a foray into relationship sales with this model, and I'm ceratin they are going to have people mess up from time to time. If you spend the time to actually build a healthy relationship it's going to pay off for you in spades.

If it comes out that she just screwed up, I'd probably tell her that, "hey it's ok, I appreciate what you are doing for me, please remember me in the future". Yea it sucks to lose out on a little cash, but losing the opportunities hurts worse.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:15 PM

Because the are rude greedy jerks.

Customers support is full idiots to say the least.

Most of customer support can't even read or comprehend the entire emails I've sent in the past.

I would expect a similar experience next time.

The time and effort involved is not worth reward.

I didn't lose Party Poker and they probably won't notice they lost my play.
Oh well, I still play 6-8 hours daily ,just not there.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So far I have talked to the same gentelman so here is how I would handle the conversation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Yes...I have my own rep.
Each e-mail and phone-call is to the very same person.
Every time I get a hold of her it's like she developed amnesia and completely forgot our last conversation.

She told me I was getting $375 and was going to put the request in to get me that money.
Then she said "well...you didn't complete the goal...so that's where the confusion was. They don't do it automatically."

She simply forgot that she had told me that she was going to submit that I should receive $375 and then almost/kinda-sorta implied that I had done something wrong.

then she says "we're going to give you a complimentary $250" or something like that which goes further to my theory that she had just simply forgotten that she had told me $375 in our phone-call on Nov 1.

do they not just put it in their computer?
do they just try to remember and then go from there?

she just seems quite disorganized and forgetful really.

not the worst crime in the world.
I was always scatter-brained too back in the days when I worked in the real-world. But as a customer I don't think it's too much to ask for better service than this.

if this kind of confusion/forgetfulness continues (and I hope it doesn't and somehow I don't expect it to) I might try to request a new party-VIP rep somehow but I wouldn't really know if that is possible.

additionally, I'm pretty sure she doesn't work on weekends so i'm not expecting to hear back from her until Monday on this issue....nor do I expect she will actually understand what I'm saying.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:40 PM

Bob,

I had the same exact thing happen to me for the month of Oct. I was told that even if I didn't reach my goal that I would be paid propertionally, I missed my "target" by 200 hands. My deal was orginally $300 for 13k hands. I had 12,800 by the end of Oct. I talked to my sponser on Nov. 4th and he said that everything would be alright and would be paid like $280, I said no problem and that was that.

Then on Nov. 7th I got $120 transferred to my account and I thought they had made some mistake, so I sent them an email about it and expect the problem to be solved soon. I receieved a call from my sponser again on the 8th and he said well that's what we had agreed upon. I said [censored], he didn't care much and said here's your even crappier deal for Nov. I told him not to bother I was going else where.

Oh and the reason why I didn't make my quota was because he neglected to mention on the phone until Nov 8th that only hand from 1/2 limit and 200NL count, now you tell how 1/2 limit and 200NL are even CLOSE to similar stakes. I've been playing some 200 and 400NL lately but 100NL has been my standard.....oh well they probably don't care that they lost my buisness. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one screwed over.

~JZ
Old 11-11-2005, 05:48 PM

I think your situation is a bit worse than mine.

I don't feel too 'screwed-over' per-se and am not as angry about it as you are.

I just think she has made a couple of honest, forgetful mistakes.
not too impressive obviously...but I'm hanging in there nonetheless and don't plan on cussing her out or anything.

I told her ahead of time I wouldn't be completing the goal for Oct because I was going to be travelling for the last 8-9 days of the month.

The 8k hands I played for the month was almost the exact total I had there on Oct 15 or whenever they called to give me my VIP deal for Oct.

but she said I would get credited for the hands that I played and it wouldn't be a problem...and then seemed like she had forgotten that she had told me that.

It's kind of weird...and I think that some of our experiences indicate that they could just do a better job of being more professional about this whole thing.

Part of the problem seems to come from doing it via phone-call.
If it was done via e-mail then it might not be so hard to contact your rep...and they might be less likely to casually 'forget' what they had previously offered you.

I also think these little mistakes that some are having are exceptions thankfully.

I'm waiting it out and hopinng they get their act together a bit more.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I didn't make that clear.

Yes...I have my own rep.
Each e-mail and phone-call is to the very same person.
Every time I get a hold of her it's like she developed amnesia and completely forgot our last conversation.

She told me I was getting $375 and was going to put the request in to get me that money.
Then she said "well...you didn't complete the goal...so that's where the confusion was. They don't do it automatically."

She simply forgot that she had told me that she was going to submit that I should receive $375 and then almost/kinda-sorta implied that I had done something wrong.

then she says "we're going to give you a complimentary $250" or something like that which goes further to my theory that she had just simply forgotten that she had told me $375 in our phone-call on Nov 1.

do they not just put it in their computer?
do they just try to remember and then go from there?

she just seems quite disorganized and forgetful really.

not the worst crime in the world.
I was always scatter-brained too back in the days when I worked in the real-world. But as a customer I don't think it's too much to ask for better service than this.

if this kind of confusion/forgetfulness continues (and I hope it doesn't and somehow I don't expect it to) I might try to request a new party-VIP rep somehow but I wouldn't really know if that is possible.

additionally, I'm pretty sure she doesn't work on weekends so i'm not expecting to hear back from her until Monday on this issue....nor do I expect she will actually understand what I'm saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

my rep told me he doesn't work on weekends.....

Also, I think that email would be a better way to go because then everything is in writing. Problem is that they won't write anything via email but they have no problem calling me 5 or 6 times a night. They have a lot of work to do and I dont' think I'll be staying around to see what they do, but if things I hear get better in 6 months then I might come back
Old 11-11-2005, 05:59 PM

I talked to my rep and he told me on the phone that I had to play 10k hands. I asked him to email the deal to me so that I had documentation of it. He did not.

I emailed VIP@pp later that week and asked to have it emailed. Later that day he emailed me the same $ value at 12k hands and also left me a voicemail with the 12k hands on it.

The really dont have thier act together yet. Hopefully it gets more organized in coming months.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:41 PM

yeah...so i'm not the only one.

telling you on the phone '10k hands' and then sending you an e-mail that says '12k hands' is just silly and is obviously very similar to my problem.

They are not logging in their own player set-ups into their own computers evidently. Or maybe they lost them or something (in which case, they would be wise to not pretend like it's the first time they're talking to you).

I was surprised that my rep actually mentioned the bit about $1250 for 30k hands (as we had already discussed in our Nov 1 phone-convo) as I had read numerous accounts on here that they won't send you the details via e-mail.

I'm going to try to request this stuff via e-mail for the future.

Again...I think it's just general disorganization right now and don't expect it to continue.
But it is Party afterall...so anything can happen.

I hate having to stay on top of these guys. That's the thing.
You tell me on Nov 1 that you're going to send me the money and I decide to be patient and just wait for it to arrive.
Then on Nov 10 I say "ummm...what happened to that money you promised?" and they basically say "what money?? okay...here's $250 because we're so nice."

Obviously this situation would have been less likely to develop if I had contacted her on Nov 2 or 3 to ask about the money while it was still potentially fresh on her mind and she might have remembered it.

I don't believe in having to e-mail over and over again to remind them of what our deal was. But with these forgetful folks at party it seems like it may be necessary.

mike O'Malley...are you reading this stuff??

I love the idea behind the VIP-program and know that there can be some growing-pains in putting together something like this.
I think I'm pretty gosh-darned patient here and don't even expect to see the additional $125 that I was told I would get. No biggie. I've gotten a couple of other completely unexpected bonuses in the past and am thankful for them (including a refund of a $215 tourney entry that I never expected to get back) so I'm willing to let it slide and I'm not going to huff-off and never play there again over a mere $125.

but these faux-pas seem to be pretty common amongst different reps and I just think they should be easily avoidable.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:06 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This may not be a bad thing if possible. Unfortunatly we are probably going to have to put up with some disorganization for a while. They really do seem to be a group that was thrown together to quickley solve a problem and they are writing many of the rules as they go.

For now I'm happy with the opportunity to take a rake reduction without having to work through an affiliate, but I'd wrather not manage a bad process either.