Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 03:50 PM

Default Re: Bottom set from blind fills on river...your move

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Your hand is hardly better than AA at this point... you wouldn't checkraise the river with AA, would you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a ridiculous statement.

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it ridiculous because you would checkraise the river with AA, because that's such a stupid idea that I shouldn't even put it in print, or because there is a big difference in strength between AA and 66 on that board?

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason the statement is ridiculous is had I held AA in this hand, the entire hand plays out differently. I can't say what I would do with AA in this spot beause it wouldn't have gotten to this point. Assessing the relative values of AA and 66 on the river here is meaningless. Yes they both beat all one pair hands, and yes they both lose to all boats. But that doesn't mean you can compare them.

The Doc
Old 10-23-2005, 04:36 PM

There is definitely a case for raising the turn, that river sucks though. I would probably bet half pot and possibly fold to a raise.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:00 PM

Any stats? I don't know how people can put him on a hand given "unremarkable." Does keep to himself mean VPIP under 20?
Old 10-23-2005, 05:20 PM

I'm probably re-raising the turn to about 90-100 after the villain's 30.00 mini-raise (praying for a push, though a call is also fine). Villain is likely holding either QJ for 2-pair, or a flush draw that he backed into (combined w/ a pair). I believe you maximize your profit by getting as much money in as possible on 4th street. Unless he improves on the river (thus probably beating you), you're not likely to make alot of money. Put his stack in jeopardy on the turn & hope he's willing to go all the way with you.
Old 10-23-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is definitely a case for raising the turn, that river sucks though. I would probably bet half pot and possibly fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of like this line but if he min-raises I have to call. Example: I can't bet 50 and fold for 50 more getting 4.5:1.

In the end I wound up folding. Felt pretty good about it at the time. If I had 77 I think I have to call though, right?

The Doc
Old 10-23-2005, 05:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

So I think on balence I probably reraise the turn hoping to get paid off if the villian has some sort of two pair/pair+draw combo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't this let hands like AQ and QJ off the hook too easily?

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

QJ beats us.

You cant rule out KT of clubs.
Old 10-23-2005, 06:02 PM

Folding to what bet?
Old 10-23-2005, 06:07 PM

build a v. big pot on the turn. you want him to make bigger mistakes on the river. unremarkable villains have a habit of min raising improved turns or flopped two pairs. i'd estimate that your reraise gets a call/another raise 80%+ of the time here. my range for him is 2p+ (QJ, Q7, Q6, 76, 77) 75% of the time, a pair+fd type of hand, misplayed overpair, tp?k hands the rest of the time. the river will be another interesting street with 200 left to play and 220 in the pot.