Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Why all the secrecy here?

[ QUOTE ]
Aside from the odd event organized for the players, being an affiliate is pretty much hands- and expense- free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, you clearly know all there is to know about running a large scale affiliate business. I expect you'll be making thousands of dollars off of unsuspecting chumps by the end of the month.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:55 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

HAHAHAHAH

have you ever tried to get an advertisement on twoplustwo???

have you ever tried to deal with a poker sites customer service?

if so, take that instance, square it, then multiply by it the number of players you have(in my case, over 3500). thats just for customer support.

i have 3 customer support people working for raketracker.com
myself and another managing them, dealing with sites, creating new business, marketing
and a full time brilliant programmer, who also helps in the above.

and guess what?

THERE STILL ARENT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY............

edit.
i totally forgot all administrative things. paying players, paying employees, paying taxes, accounting, legal concerns.

dood, i am really sick of you fish saying there is nothing to this. please, give it a go. if you can build a successful affil. business in 3 months time, and say it was no sweat, i will match your earnings over that time period.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Aside from the odd event organized for the players, being an affiliate is pretty much hands- and expense- free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, I'm going to quote this piece of idiocy again because I'm honestly not sure how this retarded perception of affiliates ever got started.

Do you honestly think affiliates just spend all day sitting at their computer hitting refresh on their Account page just to see how much of that sweet sweet rake you've generated for them? That we sit at our computers with a massive erection beating it off to your ever increasing MGR?

[censored] that: Affiliatedom is grunt work.

You're running a business; and in most cases you're doing it by yourself, or, maybe, with one or two primary helpers.

You do webwork. You do design work. You do advertising. You go fist fighting with other affiliates for the high volume players. You try and brainstorm ways to keep one step ahead of the hundreds of other affiliates who want to steal your ideas and open up their own version of [generic noun]rake.com.

On top of it all, you're trying to provide excellent customer service to hundreds of degenerate poker players, each of which views you as a giant scum sucking leech getting rich off of their hard work.

Yeah, its a regular bucket o'[censored] fun.

With that said: I don't intend to represent the views and opinions of all the other affiliates out there. I'm sure they all love you like you were their children and I'm just a bitter angry man because they won't refill my Xanex prescription.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

have you ever tried to get an advertisement on twoplustwo???

[/ QUOTE ]

Clearly it's difficult to get advertising in this forum, with your 6 placeholders keeping the competition out.

[ QUOTE ]

have you ever tried to deal with a poker sites customer service?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've worked in a poker sites' customer service department.

I'm not saying that running an affiliate business is easy, but a lot of the things you've mentioned are or should be automated. Paying your players and staff doesn't entail you physically going to the bank, drawing some cash, going to the recipient's bank, depositing the money, etc. A lot of this is batch processing of information, with automated mailers inbetween to keep players happy with updates. Accounting is handled by an accounting system.

The way you put things, you would think that you were putting everything in double-entry paper ledgers and using a calculator to add things up at the end of the month.

[ QUOTE ]

dood, i am really sick of you fish saying there is nothing to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the simple fact that you regard us as fish says a lot. That would make you the shark, right?
Old 10-18-2005, 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Really, I'm going to quote this piece of idiocy again because I'm honestly not sure how this retarded perception of affiliates ever got started.

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted, I didn't think that through when I put it down. There are many ancilliary areas of running a business which require a lot of resources and time - same as any other business.

If you want to know where this is coming from, it's simple:

The perception is that there's very little value-add. An affiliate's core business is self-promotion and marketing in order to generate registrations and to keep players generating rake.

Anything beyond that is overhead. Hardly altruistic, but then business is business.

A previous moderator said that this forum was setup to help players with questions about rakeback and affiliates.

Come on! We're all playing this game for the money. We know you're in this for the money too.

I have no problem with affiliates making money off my play, as long as I get a decent cut of it back. How will I know if it's decent? Transparency.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no problem with affiliates making money off my play, as long as I get a decent cut of it back. How will I know if it's decent? Transparency.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try this... go to each of the poker room websites where you play, click on the affiliate link, you will have all the transparency you need!

At the end of the day, you need to remember, that rakeback was created by some smart affiliates not the poker rooms. So, if you like it, you should be thankful for the affiliates willing to pay it.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And why are affiliates the mods? Any conflict of interest there?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a big problem in this forum IMHO.

Hard to openly discuss anything when those MODS in control have personal and financial interests and do not let everything be openly discussed and contradictory posts often get deleted. Serious conflicts of interest all over this forum. Do the Mods pay advertising fees to 2+2? What about all the feee advertising / self promotion that is going on.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:26 PM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

hahah, man. again when i said you, i mean YOU specifically. the place holders are there waiting for people to buy adspace. we didnt put up our flahsing banners in all the empty spaces so as not to overtake this place with my sites, we did that for our viewers benefit, and so this wouldnt look like the internet bonus forum, glad it is so well received. THis FORUM IS OPEN TO ADVERTISEMENT FROM ANY SITE, ANY PRODUCT, ANYTHING.

no kidding sherlock. i am the one who brought the most amount of automation to this affilaite rakeback business. where do you think all these sites developed there sites from? my site automates as much as i can get it to. otherwise we couldnt process the amount of business and players we do. i built a site that tracks players just the same as the affilaite sites like tradal.net. but i still need to pay players. only several payment options offer batch payments. most are individual account transfers. yes thats roughly 3000 of them a month. Your short sightedness is astounding.

calling you a fish is meaning this.

fish(adj.) meaning uninformed, thinks he knows more than he actually does, acts on those assumptions.
syn. LoveDub

and from what you wrote, it sounded exactly as if you were saying running an affilaite business is easy.

sorry for my ranting and harsh tone, but i need to voice myself away from constantly being tied to these sites. i prefer to do it in public, if i am going to do it in private regardless, is their a difference? in my opinion, no.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do the Mods pay advertising fees to 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]
If you don't know the answer to this, there's no way you're informed enough to offer a valid opinion on what "problems" the forum has.

Hint: try the stickied FAQ.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:20 PM

I think you have some very good points, but overestimate the influence of bigger affiliates. Even big affiliates are in danger of being shut down, actually more so because of the amount of money involved. So I think this forum is helpful, but in many cases you will have to find a person who has the information you want or read between the lines.