Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory

Old 09-21-2005, 01:49 AM

Default Neteller accounts

Does anyone else feel sketched-out when using Neteller? I opened an account recently, and it feels sketchy to me when I go to register my bank account with them. Still haven't done it yet.
I hear Neteller is great and trusted and reputable, yet it still seems sketchy. Maybe its the overseas thing that bothers me...?
Thoughts, comments and experiences are welcome.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Neteller accounts

works fine...just don't keep your whole roll over there
Old 09-21-2005, 02:22 AM

Having used Paypal for non poker things the last few years, I have to say that I've had a much better experience with Neteller. That a google search *doesn't* yield netellersucks.com and netellerwarning.com is probably a good sign.

I hooked Neteller up to my checking account since I don't maintain a large balance on it. If you really want to be safe, open a new bank account just for poker / Neteller.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:17 AM

I've found Neteller to be pretty good.

I'd bet 85% of people on this forum use it.

Taking that into account, the number of anti-neteller threads I've seen is very low (zero, although I didn't search)

Neteller's stock has risen substantially since it opened.

I think it is a safe, and FREE place to transfer money to and from.

One thing, if your native bank account is in a currency other than USD, make sure you have your Neteller account in USD and not your native currency.

I started out with a Canadian neteller account and quickly realized I was getting thrifted on all the exchanges to and from Neteller.

If you already have a Neteller account and wish to change the currency, it's a no go. You have to phone them and they will setup a new account with the new currency and it takes about a week or two before everything has been transferred.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:09 AM

hmmm....

I'm in the same situation, neteller in GBP and poker money in and out in USD. I spoke to a neteller rep on the phone and he told me that there was no comission for currency conversion between poker sites and neteller. He also said that i could take $50 from a site, via neteller, into another site without losing anything on the deal. This is assuming that the exchange rate didn't happen to change in the time it took to transfer.

Do you have any evidence / experience that this is wrong?

Thanks,

G.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hear Neteller is great and trusted and reputable, yet it still seems sketchy. Maybe its the overseas thing that bothers me...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its probably worth noting that Neteller is a publicly traded company on the London exchange.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:52 PM

I have used them for a few months now and they do everything accurately and quickly. Nothing but good things to say. Considering how many millions people move through it every day for online gambling and poker I think if they were shady we would have heard the horror storis of stolen funds.
Old 09-21-2005, 06:35 PM

No. Use it. Love it.
Old 09-21-2005, 08:49 PM

So long as you have a credit history, Neteller seems to be the way to go.

Unfortunately, I do not, and that means I'll have to get one or go the extra mile to prove I am who I am. However, that shouldn't be a problem for you.
Old 09-21-2005, 09:04 PM

used it for a couple years now. 1st thing i liked the SSL and their authentication system. Another thing is its not just a username and pw, but 2 numeric strings and your password. I also liked how someone called me from neteller to verify my account. I feel more secure with neteller then paypal.