Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Keg Suggestions

If you're a hop head you have to try all the beers from Great Divide. I don't know if they're available to you (They're from Denver)
Old 09-13-2005, 08:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, so what are the parts exactly? Is there an online resource for this? I'd love to do it but I am retarted when it comes to this kind of stuff. My roommate is pretty handy but I think he'll be just as happy to throw down some dough on a commercial one, cause he's got it.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]
A kegerator is essentially fridge, the keg, the dispenser, and the CO2. The dispenser can either be a tower with a faucet or two on there or just the faucet. The beer line runs from the faucet to the keg coupler, which is what you "tap" the keg with. From another outlet on the coupler runs the air line, which goes into the regulator. The regulator controls how much CO2 you've got pushing your beer and connects to the CO2 tank just be screwing on.

If you've got an empty fridge, building the kegerator is as simple as drilling the hole through the door. If you're using a chest freezer, you have to get a temperature controller to modify it from freezing to cooling. The website I've used for all of mine is http://www.beveragefactory.com They've got excellent customer service and a price guarantee. If you can get a fridge for $50, the parts will run you $100 and the CO2 anywhere from $60-$100, depending on how big your tank is (but it only costs like $5 to refill). Commercial versions run like $700 for a mini-fridge type, in comparison to your fridge with freezer for frosted mugs and extra storage. No contest.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but imagine how badass it would be if you got one of those big chest freezers and filled it with however many pony kegs you can squeeze in there and then run about 10 taps to your kitchen/living room.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm using a chest freezer, and will be seriously excited when I've got 4-6 beers on tap.

So, bump for suggestions from the day crowd.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you. i'm glad someone got this.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:14 AM

I got it, its just that it was a post that warrants no response. What do you want, an "LOL!!!"
Old 09-13-2005, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I got it, its just that it was a post that warrants no response. What do you want, an "LOL!!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

i prefer a "niiiiiice [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]"
Old 09-14-2005, 08:37 AM

Naj told me to bump this.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Naj told me to bump this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Post this on beeradvocate.com, where you will get good replies. Maybe do it in the forum specifically meant for your geographic area, and you will get suggestions which don't misunderstand availability in TN.