Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2005, 06:11 PM

Default Re: WSOP PLO last night on ESPN

No, its certainly not an earth-shattering fold. Its tough to answer the question without being at the table, having the history of hands with these guys on that day, and most importantly knowing the stack sizes. I don't recall the positions either.

Generally I would raise right there in a tournament situation.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:52 PM

Lon Mcheron is a good play by play, of which there is not that much to do in poker, and he seems to know that and explains the action pretty well. For games other than hold'em (which is obviously very very simply to understand) They should most certainly at least bring in a third, if not replace norm. Norm deserves to do the hold'em since it was He who was the voice of the WSOP when the explosion started three years ago.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:21 PM

I could have sworn he was a favorite over the other two hands
Old 09-08-2005, 02:13 AM

I'm with you, especially given the aggression of others at the table, particularly Arieh.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:22 PM

I think Norm Chad should be kicked to the curb. I can't stand him.

As far as PLO on TV we will get another shot on the 27th when Ivey wins the $5000 buyin event. I think this final table in MUCH better. With Phil Ivey being who he is I think this will be one of the better WSOP events and see the most replay. (Anyone know if the short hand NLH will be on TV?)

PLO is my favorite game so I love watching it. Last year when Williamson III and Chau went heds up was the best part of the WSOP for me.
Old 09-09-2005, 12:28 AM

I thought last years 7 stud was pretty decent. PLO they keep butchering though.
Old 09-09-2005, 03:54 PM

Default Re: WSOP PLO Max Pescatori

[ QUOTE ]
I've played some PLO with Pescatore and thought his play was very weak-tight. I also don't think this fold is automatic.

[/ QUOTE ]
I missed the first day of this tourney. I read the online reports all afternoon as Max got farther and farther.

Once, he got down to about 5k when the average was maybe 30k. I was worried he was going to bubble, but he doubled through a couple of times and was right back in the game.

On the second day, I drove up to watch him. He was pretty nervous. He told me he'd just started getting into PLO. Since he had a sponsor, now he was able to enter all of those events that he had little experience playing, and weren't before worth entering.

I watched as they went from deep into the money until they got a final table set. Max ranged in stack size, and had some tough opponents. He was glad to have someone cheering him on, I'm sure.

If I remember correctly, he had a rough table. Erik Seidel, Chris Ferguson, Dave Colclough.

He did make it to the final table, and went home to rest.

I watched him the next day until he busted out. He said he never really got anything going on at the final table, and that Josh really dominated play there. He finally took a chance with those queens, but Josh had so many chips that calling with the ace and low cards wasn't a risk for him.

If he did seem weak/tight, then I think that might bode well for his future, since this was his first cash in PLO, first big buy-in, and Mason has always asserted that weak/tight players have the best chance of becoming WCP.

If you noticed, Max seemed to do very well this year at the series. I knew it was going to be his year, and told everyone to watch for him this year.

Although he had some huge personal issues going on at the time (sister just died of cancer, I got diagnosed with cancer, Charlie died of cancer during the series, a nephew of his died during the series unexpectedly), Max still cashed in SIX events! He wasn't even able to play in all of them, due to some of the personal problems he had, events overlapping, and making so many 2nd and 3rd days.

Also, the 10k PLO event, on July 2nd, he managed another cash, 13th place! And this was during one of the bleakest weeks in his life. He was unable to fly home to Italy for his nephew's funeral.

Max may be new to PLO tournament play, but he is definitely no one-hit wonder, and you will be seeing more of him in the future, IMO.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 04:08 PM

I played with Max in the 1500$ PLO event (which was after the televised event). He seemed like a nice guy, and I was concentrating my play on the large loose stacks at the table.

I ended up busting him when he limped on the button, the SB called, I checked my option with ATxx. The flop came ten high, it checked around. The turn was a ten. SB checked, I checked, Max bet the pot, SB folded and I set him all in.

He had very few chips left, and with how reluctant he was I put him on some kind of draw, figuring he wasn't sure if his outs were good or not. When he finally called, I was amazed to see he held a ten with other live cards.

He didn't improve and my ace kicker won the pot.
Old 09-09-2005, 04:35 PM

Nice hand [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Do I know you? Or do you know me, should I ask?

I was only able to play in two events this year, but have learned that I have absolutely NO chance in tourneys, so you will likely see me in cash games from now on.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-09-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
weak/tight players have the best chance of becoming WCP

[/ QUOTE ]

I know we're on 2+2 Holy Ground but I just can't see this being true for Tourneys at all. And even less true for PLO.

gl

dd