Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 03:27 PM

Default Poorly played?

Sorry about the format but couldn't get the converter to work with Bodog HH. $25 PLO

I am dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
5 Players see flop. Total pot $1.25
I hadn't played a lot of hands so just saw the flop for .25

Flop: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hey I sort of caught a hand. Straight and nut flush draw.
#8 check
Folded around
#3 bets $1.25
#4 Me calls $1.25
#8 calls $1.25
Pot = $5.00
I called because I had lots of outs. I put #3 on trips - this table they have been beting hard when flopping trips. #8 check then calls so probably a straight draw.

Turn: 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
#8 check
#3 Bets pot $5.00
#4 Calls $5.00
#8 folds
Pot = $15
I didn't hit but picked up three more outs. I still have lots of outs 9 diamonds, 3 aces, 2 twos, 2 fives, 3 sixes, 3 jacks. Total of 22 outs.

River 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hit the straight and the only cards that could beat me are a 56, but he has not been betting like a straight draw.
#3 Bets $15
#4 calls all in $10

#3 turns over 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
for a set of 4's.
#4 Wins with a wheel straight.
#3 Flamed me about calling with a draw and catching lucky on the river. Then he left the table.

Questions:
Should I have raised on any street?
Were there any other possible hands that he might have held that I either missed or should have been scared of?
Was calling the right move?
Any other comments would be appreciated.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Poorly played?

I would raise pot on the turn. 22 outs thats alot.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:05 PM

Looks fine. With position on the bettor and a player behind you (edit: and given apparent stack sizes), I like calling instead of pushing the flop and turn. You are close to a coin flip vs. a bare set, but many river cards put the bettor in an uncomfortable position here. OOP he will be forced to pay off most of your draws that come (though probably not so much with the flush).

Note that you're miscounting your outs on the turn if you put foe on a set. Two of the remaining diamonds pair the board.
Old 08-24-2005, 04:10 PM

Maybe he didn't notice you had the nut flush draw to go with your wrap. If he did notice, he's an idiot.

You also picked up another straight draw on the turn. Your choices were between calling and raising.