Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 06:22 PM

Default Re: Funky KK hand

Ok, I'll take another shot at it. Let's think about a hypothetical where the turn and river are both total bricks. Lets say they're running deuces.

Do you see how I make more when I'm ahead and lose less when I'm behind by just calling down with KK in this spot?

The Doc
Old 08-19-2005, 06:24 PM

given how you played it, I think you gotta call the river
Old 08-19-2005, 06:28 PM

I understand your point. I just don't like to be left wondering what I am up agianst.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:29 PM

3-bet pf is AA or KK almost every time, given the average TAG 6-max player. You can't say Villain is going to 'convince himself' that you have AK when he holds JJ, or 'convince himself' you have AQ when he holds AK, that's wishful thinking. Unless you're a major LAG, a 3-bet pf will let him drop JJ, probably QQ, and every other hand you're far ahead of that he could be re-raising with - AK-AJ.

I think I might call this river. 50/50, I still have to think about it, that turn bet seems really weird.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:39 PM

Am I not giving enough credit to the average $100NL Party Poker player? AJ/AQ/AK/JJ/QQ/KK/AA are all hands that I would expect the average "unremarkable" PartyPoker $100NL player to re-raise out of the BB with. One of those hands has you beat, and only two of them I can see being folded by villian. If this player is "unremarkable" than why do we give him credit for being able to fold a hand like AK or QQ pre-flop? I am sure that most TAG's on this site could interpret your three-bet as AA or KK, but I would imagine that villian interpreted it as, "Sweet! this guy is putting all his money in the middle when I have QQ!"
Old 08-19-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
given how you played it, I think you gotta call the river

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence the awful taste in my mouth, as when I call the turn bet I'm saying he has a lower pair then KK and was trying to use the A to get me to fold a higher pair.

But, as was pointed out earlier in the thread, the stacks are such that I cannot raise the turn and not pot commit myself.

Ugliness all around.

The Doc