Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2005, 04:15 PM

Default I am not a Math person

5/10 NL

EP limps and hero limps on button with A/Q off, SB completes and BB checks.
Hero has ~1k, SB has ~1.5k, EP has 600.
SB is a loose, calling station who is not afraid to call big bets. No real reads on EP as I have only sat for 1-2 orbits, but has not been out of line yet.

(40) Q 10 6...suits irrelevant, checked to me, I bet 30 (standard), SB calls, BB folds, EP calls.
(130) turn is a 3...checked to me...First question is, how often do I bet here and how much, knowing I have the SB beat >90% of the time, but unsure of EP?
Old 07-23-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: I am not a Math person

[ QUOTE ]
5/10 NL

EP limps and hero limps on button with A/Q off, SB completes and BB checks.
Hero has ~1k, SB has ~1.5k, EP has 600.
SB is a loose, calling station who is not afraid to call big bets. No real reads on EP as I have only sat for 1-2 orbits, but has not been out of line yet.

(40) Q 10 6...suits irrelevant, checked to me, I bet 30 (standard), SB calls, BB folds, EP calls.
(130) turn is a 3...checked to me...First question is, how often do I bet here and how much, knowing I have the SB beat >90% of the time, but unsure of EP?

[/ QUOTE ]
why didn't you raise PF? I hate getting multiway with AQo.

on the turn you bet every time. I doubt they've guessed the strength of your hand so they're more liable to call with ugly queens and even AT, KT. mathematically it's really really hard to figure out the best EV here. if SB will call large bets here, though, I'd rather bet large (~100) and get heads up with him rather than betting 60-70 and getting more money in the pot against two players.

second question?
Old 07-23-2005, 08:47 PM

Default Re: I am not a Math person

I bet this turn everytime you say EP hasn't gotten out of line, so why would he check-raise bluff the turn? He probably wouldn't, which means you could lay down to his move. I bet probably around $85 give or take 10....

Edit: Yeah why no raise preflop? Stop playing like a malacka, malacka. Since becoming friends with me you have turned into a nit. Ironic.
Edit #2: This isn't really a math question.