Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 05-21-2005, 09:01 PM

Default Re: FA Cup Final - Arsenal vs Man Utd

I understand what your point was about. I was merely comparing it to a very similar competition which adopts a one-off final format as well.

United outclassed us today. I'm still allowed to hate their players, their manager, and their fanbase.

PS. I hear some windows have been bricked tonight at Old Trafford, but don't worry, they've already got the Glazers in. Har de har.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm so fuc <font color="brown"> </font> king pissed. Yes I know that Rio was offsides, but man, this was a real hard pill to swallow. Ruud got real unlucky with that header that Lunberg barely cleared. Here's to hoping that the REd Scum will lose to Milan on wednesday

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, Ruud didn't get unlucky with the header. He's the 2nd best finisher in the league, he should have buried that, along with a couple of other chances he had. He played pretty well outside the box but was pathetic with his finishing on the day, which is funny since it's usually the other way round with him.

Unlucky was not getting the penalty when the Arsenal defender handballed in the box.

The only part that makes it quite hard for me to swallow was that I was, for the first time in a LONG time, really impressed with Man Utd's play. Arsenal were really on form coming into this and I would have had to tip them to win it but wow that was some game by the Manchester boys.

To all the Liverpool fans:

Very impressed with Liverpool's match strategy up to this point in the Champions League. On paper you gotta give this one to AC Milan though. I don't care how much you like Baros, Cisse and Luis Garcia. They've done reasonably well this season but they're not European quality (at least not yet). What got Liverpool to the final was good strategy and tactics and a lotta heart. They're gonna need that again.

Having said that, Liverpool's done amazingly well this season and exceeded everyone's expectations, so best of luck to them and if they win they better be in the Champions League again next season. It would be incredibly unfair to deny them that.

Liverpool are the underdogs at 11-4, AC Milan 1-1 and a draw at 15-8.

Lastly, would it be so hard to stop this [censored] rivalry [censored] between English teams? They're all good teams, some better than others but there's no need to slag on the rivals. Hell I know it's hard to love Chelsea but anyone who doesn't respect them is just jealous of that moolah they got. (And that includes me, except for the respect part)

WILL FERDINAND [censored] SIGN THAT CONTRACT ALREADY? What's the difference between 120,000 and 110,000 per week?

I guess I had some football discussion I had to get out there.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Liverpool will win the Champions League, and that is all that matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I wish I was still at school where I can watch soccer all day on fox sports net.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-22-2005, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's the 2nd best finisher in the league, he should have buried that,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what worries me about Arsenal. Without Henry, they look positively headless all the time. This is a serious deficiency, to have a team so dependent on one player. I don't like Man Yoo, but yeah, I'll admit they seriously outclassed us today, and we're incredibly lucky to have won without Thierry.
Old 05-22-2005, 07:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Very impressed with Liverpool's match strategy up to this point in the Champions League. On paper you gotta give this one to AC Milan though. I don't care how much you like Baros, Cisse and Luis Garcia. They've done reasonably well this season but they're not European quality (at least not yet). What got Liverpool to the final was good strategy and tactics and a lotta heart. They're gonna need that again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course Milan has to be favored on paper. And there is no doubt that Liverpool has beaten better teams with good strategy/effort. I'm not big on Baros, and Cisse isn't 100%, but I disagree with what you said about Garcia. Atleast from what I have seen this year (6 or 7 EPL games and several CL games) Luis Garcia has been oustanding, especially against Chelsea and Juve. I wish I could watch move EPL games, I only get a couple per week at school and none at home.

[ QUOTE ]

Lastly, would it be so hard to stop this [censored] rivalry [censored] between English teams? They're all good teams, some better than others but there's no need to slag on the rivals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally, I don't hate any soccer teams because I've never been able to follow soccer closely enough. It just isn't on TV. I'm a Liverpool fan, but I watch it more because I love soccer, not because I love Liverpool.

But coming from someone who is an a certifiable NFL nut (and Eagles fanatic), I don't think there is anything wrong with hating other teams, as long as you stop short of doing anything illegal and dangerous. There are teams that I cannot stand (mainly Dallas and Tampa), and there are legitamite reasons for it, such as players from those teams taunting our players and fans.

When Tampa won the NFC championship game in Philadelphia (a game I was at), their players damn near started a riot by taunting Philly fans behind their bench. If this isn't a reason to hate a team/players, I don't know what is.
Old 05-22-2005, 01:59 PM

"We all hate Man United!"

Listen, football is kinda boring, so there's nothing like a good bit of hate to make things interesting (and if you think the English are bad, I'd hate to think what you have to say about Serie A or any South American league (I'm still laughing about the football war).
Old 05-22-2005, 02:31 PM

Unlucky was not getting the penalty when the Arsenal defender handballed in the box.

No way was it a penalty.

Lastly, would it be so hard to stop this [censored] rivalry [censored] between English teams? They're all good teams, some better than others but there's no need to slag on the rivals. Hell I know it's hard to love Chelsea but anyone who doesn't respect them is just jealous of that moolah they got. (And that includes me, except for the respect part)

Lol without rivalry there would be no football, people that hate Chelsea hate them for their fans more than their players, during the 80's and 90 their fans were/are some of the worst hooligans around, Stamford Bridge was not a good place to visit. Its only natural to hate your local rivals and there tends to be a lot of history of issues off pitch than on. Most trouble nowadays happens outside of the ground and is generally oraganised by the boys of each firm.
I notice all the respect between the varous baseball factions on here maybe I can follow that example.

WILL FERDINAND [censored] SIGN THAT CONTRACT ALREADY? What's the difference between 120,000 and 110,000 per week?

I suspect he may go elsewhere, he was waiting for the result of the takeover before he acted.
Old 05-22-2005, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

No way was it a penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange. Replays clearly show the ball being controlled by the defender's hand. Why on earth would you say that's not a penalty?
Old 05-22-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Strange. Replays clearly show the ball being controlled by the defender's hand. Why on earth would you say that's not a penalty?

[/ QUOTE ]

Strange. You seem to have a complete lack of understanding of the actual handball rule.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

No way was it a penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was ball to hand not hand to ball, it has to be intentional and short of him chopping his hand off after it bounced off his knee there was no way to not touch his hand.

[/ QUOTE ]