Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2005, 02:09 PM

Default In Which EdFish Comes up for Air in NYC

So I heard there was a pink chip game running last night in the city, [TT: Duh… you played the first game we set up last month, and its running every week now you nitwit!] and decided that I couldn’t resist stopping by on my way back to school last night. I get to the club, and realize that not only are they out of pink chips, but orange as well (oranges were being used as 2.50 chips also, until their new shipment of pinks gets in), but decide to get into the last seat anyway [TT: When Satelliter started the game, he never expected it to do as well as it has. Think about it, he needs to have a minimum of 2,000 pink chips to take care of all of our buy-ins on average; luckily they got hip to this last week and decided to reorder].

As those of you who know the EdFish can attest, I proceeded to play about as donktastically as possible [TT: ya think? When Edtost becomes EdFish, it is a very happy day for the rest of the table. When ever anyone thinks 2+2’ers are all tight nits have never played in this pink game before!], sucking out on NJChick (sitting directly to my right) on numerous occasions to only wind up down 7 bets or so for the session. The illustrious

LovetodriveTT, sitting to my left, decided to go the whole session without trying to pwn me and just not play a hand all night, like the nit he is [tt: correction. I saved the seat to my right so when you show up, and if I had a slightly decent hand, I would bend over backwards to isolate you since your pre-flop raising standards are essentially any two cards. Unfortunately there were only a handful of situations where that was effective since you raised every dam hand you fish!]. It was a fun game at least, though I was definitely acting as the donator [TT: You must have forgotten about the various fishies I stocked the pond with. How about the guy who lost $250 in 20 mins? Or Peter, he hasn’t a clue on how to play. Wait a second…. I think Peter pnw3d you last night]. The club where our “home game” is held is a really nice room, I am glad they are getting games going more often.

[TT: I think you forgot to mention the funniest part of the evening. The hand involved Ed, NJChick, GreyWolfNYC, and I. Everyone else folded to our donktastic idiocracy (Colgin had already left so he missed this one, too bad mate… you could have made it a fivesome!). It was GreyWolf’s big blind, Tina straddled for the first and last time of the evening, Edtost re-straddled, and I made it re-re-restraddled to make it 4 bets to go. We all agreed to not look at our cards (NJChick cheated – shame on you!) but even knowing that the 3 of us could have any 2 cards was enough to scare out the entire table! The fools… if they only knew how the hand would progress, it was the most profitable opportunity any of them would have had the entire evening. GreywWolf folds, NJChick & Ed completes. Somewhere in the middle the floor comes over and reminds us that the straddles were all live, so I was up to the challenge…. RAISE BLIND!!!!

The flop comes 24x with 2 hearts. Check, check, I bet, all call. The turn might as well be the 17 of purple horseshoes (5 bonus points to anyone who spots the reference from Edtost!) [Ed: As always, bonus points can be redeemed for goods and services at the front desk.] but that didn’t matter because Ed bet out without looking at his cards yet. Since I haven’t seen my cards yet either I raised of course (well, what would YOU do in that situation?). NJChick calls two cold (fish!) and Ed cheats by looking at his cards before calling. Now that of course worries me….. he now has an advantage over my Ray Charles like play.

The river is a J, no flush or straight to be worried about. Now it’s time for me to take a peak at my cards, I had 47o…. which means I probably had the nutz for this hand. NJChick checks, Edtost checks, I declare “nobody’s got a piece of this but me” and value bet my nutz. NJChick folds, and Ed flips over 35o for the nut low before contemplating calling for a split. Amazingly I won 16 big bets acting like a complete jack ass…. I rule! [Ed: Take that, all those who say one pair never wins in loose games!! (5 more bonus points for this one)]

Eventually, the game breaks when GreyWolfNYC goes home, and we decide to head to The Club That Shall Not Be Named for some 4/8 donking. [TT: for a moment we almost got either a 3 handed O/8 pot limit game going, but it didn’t happen. I volunteered to get pwn3d at Chinese Poker, but I didn’t have any takers… yet!] TT goes off to the main game and the table fills with gypsies [TT: literally], so I move over to 4/8 omaha/8 with a half kill and proceed to have a 75% vpip sitting directly to NJChick’s right. Somehow, I still managed to make a few bets in this game, due to the awful postflop play of the 14th st regulars.

TT decides to get up at the same time our game breaks, and lets me crash at his place so I don’t have to drive back down to pton at 4am. Somehow, the TT doesn’t lose me, and I manage to follow him all the way back to his apartment (I guess the rumors about the way he drives have no basis), which was about as pimptastic as I expected to see form his fantastically gay self. [TT: for the record if you don’t know the inside joke… I only look gay, if you don’t believe me verify it with Felicia Lee. I am 100% pimp baby!].

[TT: time for me to take over again. Some additional notes….. NJChick: loves playing position. I tried to get her in the right position (on top) with Peter but failed. [Ed: she was also WAY to amused whenever TT got called flamingly homosexual at the table] Colgin: nit. Nuff said. My friend Peter: I hope he playes at every game I am at for the rest of my life. Nuff said. GreyWolfNYC: Bigger nit that Colgin, which is to be expected since they are both lawyers. New 2+2er to my left that Ed & I forget his nick cause we are fools: He tried, he played g00t… but he could not out fox the fishes that evening. Myself: I gotta stop coughing all over the cards... sorry guys! EdFish: RULES! Never bring Edtost to a game, the fish is much more fun! I think he must jump into a phone booth to change into his alter ego when he plays this way, what a buffoon! Tash: lame…. [Ed: LAME!!!] if you would have come up from Princeton it would have become a sleepover party. Edtost sleeping on my floor is gay… you sleeping over too makes it fun! [Ed: Tash, insert gay joke here; Evan, let her go there first; Scrub, stay away.]

Trip report – OVER. Can we get the flame for this one? I know TT will do his best to help in that effort. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-ed
Old 03-20-2005, 02:40 PM

Default Re: In Which EdFish Comes up for Air in NYC

Your the type of player that legends are made of.

Great post [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 02:45 PM

Its 15 mins and the flaming hasn't started yet? I'm dissapointed with my fellow 2+2'ers!

Another hand from last night. This one was at 48 he in the room that shall not be named. MP3 dock raises, Ed cold calls (what do you expect from the fish?), I fold (yep, I got Ed to sit to my right twice in one evening, what a buffoon!), and 10 seat who talks WAY too much calls as well. Flop is 4xx, PFR donk bets Ed folds (I think), 10 seat calls. Turn is blankety blank blank.... pfr bets, 10 seat calls. River is Q pfr bets, 10 seat calls and tables AQ. Pfr goes on super-monkey-tilt when he shows his J4o and starts ranting about how all the players at the table suck because nobody respects his raises. [Ed: If I was as cool as Brad, I would've found a copy of mason's poker essays(?) and pointed out the section on "too many loose players"]

I love poker. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 02:47 PM

Nice Post Ed
Old 03-20-2005, 02:55 PM

Great post Ed.

Nice to have finally met you. Especailly enjoyed your antics in the O/8 game (the aka "feelgood game") at the club that shall remain nameless. Four-handed and you are I are r00ling the other 2 morons to split up those back-to-back pots was pricess.

The car ride back to TT's pad was hilarious. LOVE all the gay references [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Please come back to NYC soon!!!!

NJC
Old 03-20-2005, 04:12 PM

Great post, Ed. It was a great evening and good to meet you.
I know I asked you guys last night what a "nit" was, and I forget. But since you called me a nit in your post I guess it means "bald lawyer who is up 30 bb in 3 hours". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I look forward to seeing you soon. Bring a lot of cash, ok? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Great post, Ed. It was a great evening and good to meet you.
I know I asked you guys last night what a "nit" was, and I forget. But since you called me a nit in your post I guess it means "bald lawyer who is up 30 bb in 3 hours". [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
I look forward to seeing you soon. Bring a lot of cash, ok? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

nice hand. nit. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 04:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Colgin: nit. Nuff said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice seeing you too Ed. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Seriously though, for people who don't me this is so not true. In fact, I challenge Ed to describe a single genuinely nitty thing I did (and going home early due to curfew doesn't count). To wit:

Did Colgin sit out when game was shorthanded? No.
Did Colgin sit out when the majority of players were 2+2ers and hence the game was bad? No.
Did Colgin ask for a deck change at any point? No.
Did Colgin not tip the dealer? No.
Did Colgin angle shoot at any point? No.
Did Colgin have a sense of humor? Yes.

I know that you will say that the nittiest thing that a nit can do is to make a nitty list of the ways in which he is not a nit. BUT YOU WILL BE WRONG!

In all seriousness, it was nice seeing you and the others again. Sorry I could not stay late enough for the true donkfest.

My favorite hand of the night (I will screw up the action a little bit I am sure but someone will correct me).

I am in the SB with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Live one limps from EP, GreyWolf limps in CO, NJChick limps on the Button, I raise, Bad player re-raises, GreyWolf calls, NJChick calls, I cap it, everyone calls. The flop comes the awful:

6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

I bet, live one raises, GreyWolf calls, NJChick calls, I fold.

Turn is the 8 of something or other. Live one bets, GreyWolf (I think) calls, NJ Chick raises, Live one re-raises, GreyWolf folds, NJChick caps and live one calls.

River is a blank.

Live one checks, NJChick bets, live one says about one hundred times "I know you've got the Ten". After making everyone wait for what seemed like an hour he said "I have to see it" and called. NJChick flipped over T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

After that the Live one seemed to be trying hard not to go on tilt. Anywho, very nice hand and nice HUGE pot.

I look forward to seeing you all again soon, although it probably won't be until after my wedding in two weeks.

All the best.

Colgin

P.S. GreyWolf is even less of a nit than me. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 03-20-2005, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

P.S. GreyWolf is even less of a nit than me. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the vote of confidence, man.
Old 03-20-2005, 04:29 PM

Dude, you were getting 23:1 on the flop.