Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: KQ multileval wierdness

[ QUOTE ]
I likely check/fold the flop. If I call the flop I definitely check/fold the turn. I don't really see any point in trying to push a solid opponent who 3-bets another TAG from UTG+1 off of a hand out of position that he isn't likely to fold anyway and with a loose player in between who will probably call down with any pair. Next hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-15-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check/call for 1 sb, fold turn UI would be my line but that's just me. if it was 2 back to me, i'd just dump it and move on.

not much you can do here. betting out is likely to get you raised in one or both spots, which you obviously don't want. check/folding wouldn't be terrible but you could be getting like 12 to 1 to peel one off and i probably would just for table image. check/raising is spewing here.

check/call.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was pretty much my opinion at the time. hero, in a bout of obviously misapplying ssh, bet out intending to call a raise from sp in hopes of "cleaning up outs". unfortunately, she has very few to begin with, and a lp blind is unlikely to fold a reverse-dominating hand.

while the c/r suggested above has slightly more merit than the line hero took, i hate them both. c/c vs c/f is close, imo. i lean toward c/c for image considerations.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:16 PM

I don't mind having a weak/tight image. Or a LAG image. Or really any image. Just so I'm aware of what image I have.

I do think that betting out is better than a check/raise here though. But yes, both of those options pretty much suck.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that's the worst option. IMO,

check/fold > check/call >>> bet/call >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>check/raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be.