Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-15-2005, 11:54 AM

Default KQ multileval wierdness

hand occured between two friends of mine on our trip to the borg last night. Hero, who mainly plays party 2/4 and has a weak-tightish image, open raises utg with KQo at 3/6. villain, a solid player who regularly multitables 200+15's but has played a lot of limit before and knows how hero plays 3-bets from utg+1. folded to a fish in the small blind who semi-coldcalled 3, bb folds, hero calls.

flop is raggedy undercards, no real draws to speak of, and hero has no meaningful backdoors. what's your plan for this hand? it seems like we discussed this for way too long during the car ride home.

i'll add my thoughts in after the discussion starts so as not to influence responses.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: KQ multileval wierdness

Maybe CR the flop.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:48 PM

::le sigh::

i guess i'll get this question out of the way first. what range of hands do you put villain on? i'm thinking something like {ako,aks,aqs,AA-JJ,TT(50%)} though aqs and tt are iffy.

you still want to trap both of them for 2 bets each on the flop with no pair/no draw?
Old 03-15-2005, 12:55 PM

Well, if your read is that the villan is a very aggressive player, he could be trying to isolate. Putting in a CR might make him feel he's been trapped if he whiffed the flop. A CR has a lot of fold equity against this guy.

The SB I'm not too worried about. Since he's a loose-passive player, he could have just about anything, including a low suited conector.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:57 PM

check/call for 1 sb, fold turn UI would be my line but that's just me. if it was 2 back to me, i'd just dump it and move on.

not much you can do here. betting out is likely to get you raised in one or both spots, which you obviously don't want. check/folding wouldn't be terrible but you could be getting like 12 to 1 to peel one off and i probably would just for table image. check/raising is spewing here.

check/call.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand occured between two friends of mine on our trip to the borg last night. Hero, who mainly plays party 2/4 and has a weak-tightish image, open raises utg with KQo at 3/6. villain, a solid player who regularly multitables 200+15's but has played a lot of limit before and knows how hero plays 3-bets from utg+1. folded to a fish in the small blind who semi-coldcalled 3, bb folds, hero calls.

flop is raggedy undercards, no real draws to speak of, and hero has no meaningful backdoors. what's your plan for this hand? it seems like we discussed this for way too long during the car ride home.

i'll add my thoughts in after the discussion starts so as not to influence responses.

[/ QUOTE ]

It feels weak-tight, but given the read on villain I think I check/fold. What am I hoping to see on the turn?
Old 03-15-2005, 12:59 PM

I likely check/fold the flop. If I call the flop I definitely check/fold the turn. I don't really see any point in trying to push a solid opponent who 3-bets another TAG from UTG+1 off of a hand out of position that he isn't likely to fold anyway and with a loose player in between who will probably call down with any pair. Next hand.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:01 PM

Hero, who mainly plays party 2/4 and has a weak-tightish image, open raises utg with KQo at 3/6.

Does it make sense to try to to isolate this guy if you don't have a strong holding? He opened from UTG!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 01:01 PM

only card i'd wanna see is a queen.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:02 PM

I think that's the worst option. IMO,

check/fold > check/call >>> bet/call >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>check/raise