Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Flopped set w/77, better way to play this?

All players mostly loose passive at this table. I think only the flop and river may be debateable. Should I raise this flop to try and chase out a single A or K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] here or go for overcalls? I felt that anyone facing two cold without a 4flush or at least top pair would fold here. Also on the river, is it better to go for the overcalls?

Paradise Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

River: (11 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds, SB calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB
Old 02-19-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Re: Flopped set w/77, better way to play this?

Raise the flop(they're fishies, they'll call two if they'll call one. get it from them while you're sure you're ahead)

Raise the turn.

Raise the river. Again, they're fish.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:19 AM

I prefer raising this flop. If you're lucky someone may 3-bet you back in which case I may smooth call and pop the turn.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:28 AM

With 2 flush I wouldn't take too many chances for a heartbreak river. Raise the flop.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:31 AM

The better way to play would be aggressively. Riase the flop, the turn, and the river. You're hand is good like 99.99% of the time.
Also, as mentioned, you don't want to give the four-flushes a cheap draw.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop(they're fishies, they'll call two if they'll call one. get it from them while you're sure you're ahead)

Raise the river. Again, they're fish.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-19-2005, 03:00 AM

Yeah, I guess my thought on the flop was that anyone with a 4-flush was definitely staying in regardless, so I could make them pay more on the turn by raising then. But it's probably a bad idea since I'm giving any gutshots and other draws a chance to catch up. I agree with everyone, raising the flop seems like a better play here.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could make them pay more on the turn by raising then.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if the flush hits on the turn, they make you pay. Don't wait. You must charge them while they are still drawing. Charge them as much as possible to see the turn &amp; river.
Old 02-19-2005, 02:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The better way to play would be aggressively. Riase the flop, the turn, and the river. You're hand is good like 99.99% of the time.
Also, as mentioned, you don't want to give the four-flushes a cheap draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

uh its nowhere near 99.9%, on the flop you have to make a decision before the PFR does, QQ is a raising hand(not saying you should be scared)

on the river your hand is good well over 90% of the time, but you were vulnerable to that point

also how many different times does it have to be explained with flush draws, you can't force them out on the flop or turn and you aren't charging them either, what the raises do is force weaker draws out, or make them throw in money -EV

you make money on every bet on this flop, but so does the flush draw ..
Old 02-19-2005, 06:52 PM

Eh I would have just called on the flop too. I think you should raise the river. Anyone with a Queen will call 2 and I don't see how the others will call with much of anything. There are no overcalls to be had.

-DeathDonkey